Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? June 8 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe treat yourself to some gentle restorative yoga.

There's a lot of free introductory audio classes on this site so you can try before you buy. http://www.yogadownload.com/...ne-yoga-classes.aspx

Some of the breathing and meditation exercises might help with the insanity :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 8 Edition [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may have to! I haven't done yoga since I was pregnant, but I'm willing to give anything a try now. I love walking too. Might do a spin class once the elbow feels better. Thanks for the links. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 8 Edition [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flip-turn update:

1) I didn't die
2) I did get water up my nose, but it didn't burn as badly as when you snork some water in during regular swimming
3) In spite of letting the coach know where my insurance card was, I didn't mangle myself or anyone else

Basically, she had us start with a normal somersault. Then we did the somersault over the lane markers holding on underneath, trying to come up on the same side as we'd started. This was to simulate how to use our arms. Then she had us swim towards the wall and trying to do the turn, exiting out on our backs. Then we did the entire thing. I had a hard time exiting on my back...I tended to come out of the tuck too early, and then end up pushing myself downwards. It was actually easier for me to add the rotation on the end, but I'll definitely keep practicing to improve my timing. I also had to make sure not to start the turn until about two counts AFTER I was sure I was going to crash and die, but like I said, no one did. It was fine. I'll probably try and work them in on every other turn this week, just to get more practice and get more used to the idea.

The big pleasure of the day was when the coach had seen me doing my workout prior to the clinic and said she could tell I'd been spending a ton of time in the pool.

This week:
4 swims (done)
5 bike (4 done)
Quote Reply

Prev Next