Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Parlee TTi and Flo
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had success with the pairing of the flow wheels and the TTi? I'm worried I am having some clearance issues in the rear - it seems as if the tire may be rubbing the chain stays. I removed the washer on the brake calipers and the alignment of the brake pads on the rim looks acceptable, just trying to figure out if there is another solution. I've got the GP 4000s mounted. I really like the wheels, hoping they still work with the new bike. -Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Parlee TTi and Flo [emtridoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my TTi 2 weeks ago. I'm planning to run FLO 60/90 for races. When I picked the bike up, I had the shop ensure that my FLO 90 would fit properly. It seems like everything works ok as long as you swap the washers on the brakes. We almost got away without swapping washers but it left too little tolerance. Due to time constraints, the mech and I never fully installed the FLO 90 with the brake adjustment. I did hear from someone with a TT that they had issues when using a disk cover on their FLO 90. I've got my first race next weekend. I'm planning on swapping out my wheels tonight for my race workups this week. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm thinking the FLO stealth wheels with the black TTI will be awesome if you discount the old fart riding it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
emtridoc wrote:
Has anyone had success with the pairing of the flow wheels and the TTi? I'm worried I am having some clearance issues in the rear - it seems as if the tire may be rubbing the chain stays. I removed the washer on the brake calipers and the alignment of the brake pads on the rim looks acceptable, just trying to figure out if there is another solution. I've got the GP 4000s mounted. I really like the wheels, hoping they still work with the new bike. -Thanks

It sounds to me like there may be one of two things going on.

1. If the tire is only rubbing on one side of the chain stays AND your bike has horizontal dropouts, you likely will need to adjust your dropout screws to better center the wheel.

2. You are using a tire that is too wide. There are a few frames that don't work with 23mm tires and up. In most cases a 21mm or 22mm tire on the back wheel fixes the issue.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Parlee TTi and Flo [Skyhawk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skyhawk- i've got the black frame with the stealth decal as well. it is pretty slick. i just got off the phone with Jon from FLO, (remarkable customer service by the way) the problem seems to be the width of the tires with the sidewall hitting the chain stays. He recommended a 21 or 22mm tire as opposed to the 23 mm conti GP4000 that I currently have mounted. I've been reading around going to order something soon, leaning towards the Zipp Tangente 21mm clincer. just wanted to let you now in case you encounter the same problem. I'll post again when I overcome the issue.

chris- thanks for prompt reply, simultaneously emailed your brother and he called. can't say enough positive things about all of the help that both of you have provided during the process of obtaining wheels, changing decals, etc. thanks for all of your help. hopefully the narrower tires will alleviate the rubbing from the sidewall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
emtridoc: I am having trouble with the tire hitting the chain stays also. I've got a 22mm Conti GP Attack that I'm going to try. I'll let you know how that works. I wish there was a way to shim the cutout to give the tire a little more setback. My wrench skills are limited so I'll have to research that option.

I agree with you, FLO customer service is outstanding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just mounted the 22mm Attack tire to my FLO 90 rear wheel. It seems to work fine. Very tight tolerance but the wheel spins freely. I'll ride it tomorrow to see if there are any issues and report back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up -- When I tried to run 25mm tires on my Slice with my old brake calipers, it would spin fine in the house but once I actually started riding and the tire warmed up, it would rub. Hope it's not the case with your tires and frame, but it's something to look out for.
Quote Reply
Re: Parlee TTi and Flo [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137: Thanks for the heads up. I'll check for any expansion issues tomorrow. It's a hill workout also so the wheel will be getting a pretty good side to side test as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a TT and use a HED jet disc in the rear with a 23c vittoria corsa cx tire. I did have to loosen the rear brake to get it to clear and it does...but not by much. if i'm not mistaken the jet disc is as wide or wider the FLO disc so it "should" work. like chris from FLO said though, you may have to play with it a bit to make certain that the wheel is centered just right.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today, I took my TTi out for an hour of hard riding with the 22mm Conti Attack tire installed on the back wheel. From what I can tell, there were no issues. I did everything I could think of to cause the tire to rub but everything seemed fine. I expect that I will continue to experiment with tires but I do know that this combination will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skyhawk-
great to hear! I ordered a pair of the zipp tangente clinchers (21mm) and hopefully they will be here soon and can install. Its reassuring to know that your 22mm tire on the back did not have clearance issues. gives me optimism that the 21 should work as well. I'll let you know how things go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an update - mounted 21 mm zipp tangentes on the wheels. No issues with the sidewalks of the tires rubbing on any part of the frame. Big thanks to Jon who spent some time on the phone with me trying to trouble shoot the problem. The wheels and the disc rode beautifully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any luck using the new 2016 Flo rear wheels on their TTi?
Quote Reply
Re: Parlee TTi and Flo [Gerg9014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerg9014 wrote:
Has anyone had any luck using the new 2016 Flo rear wheels on their TTi?

You should be ok with our new wheels. Typically, the biggest interference issues we see are with tires. Some frames accept wider tires (25c) and others do not. The rims themselves work on all but a few frames.

I hope that helps,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply