Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swimming During LadyTimes [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem is that I know my body too well... I know during heavy times I've got 50-55 minutes with the biggest tampon out there before I better find a bathroom. That sucks too ;)

What do you take for the cramps? Mine were terrible too (pre-kids, now for some reason they aren't so bad). Anyways - I took Anaprox too - pretty sure it's a brand name for naproxen - like Aleve, but prescription strength. Best advice I ever got from my gyno for that was to start taking it 2 days prior to when my period was supposed to start and it made all the difference in the world. It blocks prostaglandins... part of the bodies response to the dreaded period issues like bloating and cramping and keeps them from messing with you so bad, plus the naproxen is a pain killer. You've probably heard all that before, but I was floored when I tried it and it worked. Having regular periods makes it easy, irregular is a bit more of a guessing game, but if you know your signs of the impending witch, it might help.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Last edited by: RockyMtnChic: Jul 3, 13 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming During LadyTimes [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one time I tried something like that (the Instead cup) ended up being like an axe murder in my pants, and all over everything.

Seriously - it was horrible. Which is a shame, because I love the idea.

I don't know if I didn't put it in right or if I'm just not built for it, but that one time was so horrible I'll never try a cup again.

I've never had a problem with tampons, and I'll stick with them.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although not helpful for your plight Google Russian Tampon commercial on u tube, a bit gory but hilarious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I cant stay in the water longer than 45 min without changing my tampon. I learned this the hard way after swimming a long set in 60 min. I got out walked to the womens bathroom and was stading around talking to a friend when I looked down and it was a horror. You can imagine my legs were drippng with water and my menses. It was horrible I had dripped menses all the way from the pool. I had to trance my steps back to clean everything up. Most embarrising moment of my life. I now dont even bother going during my period I just skip the swim to be safe.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming During LadyTimes [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
Have to chuckle about this - can't wait until the mens who lurk here read this one... yeah, blood in the water - period blood. It happens. And they get skeezed out by snot, hair and pee... ha ha ha ha

I have said more than once, "Little boys just think they're gross. They have nothing on grown women." This typically gets said after some guy is curious about some bodily function related to the menstrual cycle or pregnancy and gets an honest explanation. The reactions are kinda funny.

And back on the topic, I highly recommend a menstrual cup. I have a Diva Cup and a Luna Cup (picked up the Luna when my planning failed and I was without while in Scotland). I prefer the Luna - it's a bit softer, so easier to insert/remove, and still makes a good seal. If I've inserted it correctly, there are no leaks, even with my heaviest flow. On my heaviest days, I have about 8 hours with it, when I'd get about 2 hours with the heaviest tampon. If I do need to change it at work (which sometimes happens on those heavy days), I take a pair of gloves (cheap disposable ones) with me into the restroom. I can pull them off and put them in the trash can for "feminine hygiene" trash there in the stall, and thus have an easier time managing everything else.

It's more comfortable, less wasteful, more flexible, has fewer leaks, etc., etc. than tampons or pads. It's worth getting comfortable with the idea, if it makes you a bit uncomfortable now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never had a problem. Just go with Super or Super Extra and you'll be fine.

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming During LadyTimes [kellydomara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on the Code Orange and on Day 1 I cannot manage 20min in the pool. Days 2 and 3, maybe 40min. It's sometimes just easier to not. :-(

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Mirena and have not had a period in nearly 5 years... (I will have to have it changed at the 5 year mark) - but I love it. I can not imagine training without it. No cramps, no leaking, no blood flow management issues. It is perfect (for me).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim in the sea with baracuddas and I know there are bull sharks beyond the dropoff. I am paranoid about leaks. Wehn I was bleeding I used a Diva cup. I liked it so much I have them in reserves for my daughters. Took me about 3 months to be comfortable with it but then it was like magic. Would never go back.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
If the flow is so heavy that you fill a tampon in less than an hour, swim for 30-40 minutes and go the bathroom and change it. This is what we (friends and I) did forever (age 12-22 competitive and to this day as a slug). I have at least 1-2 very very heavy days a month and have to do this whether swimming or running those days still. Periods suck. Any time they mess with my life it annoys me so I try very hard not to let it and changing tampons hourly sucks, but it's better than not exercising for days on end.

This. I've done this before - even on runs. Can't remember now the specifics but I do remember stopping mid run to empty the cup but i never had that problem swimming.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree with the Diva Cup suggestions. Diva Cup's are awesome. And pretty much watertight so nothing leaking. No sharks following your blood trail... haha
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming During LadyTimes [TammiArts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay, if you have a new tampon in when you start swimming, you will leak? wow... I guess I just never had that happen... I would swim anytime with a period, but I don't have these leaky problems so it's not an issue for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next