Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congrats to the Ironman Texas finishers!
Quote | Reply
I saw Kristi cross the finish line. Who else was out there?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the Ironman Texas finishers! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Jen! Quite a long, hot day I had out there!
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the Ironman Texas finishers! [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good job, lady! I was following you online as well. Sounds like a brutal day out there.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work, man that sounded HOT HOT HOT! Enjoy your time off :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done! One of my teammates was leading the men, but didn't listen to his body and had to be taken to hospital 3/4 through the run. Scary shit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the Ironman Texas finishers! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just posted on the "how was your week" thread. I finished in 14:18:20. I ended up in the triage area of the med tent for a bit but didn't get sent to the back. I was fine, just queasy and I couldn't walk a straight line. I told them that after moving for 14+ hours I was just having a hard time standing still, but they wanted to be sure. They gave me something for nausea that tasted horrible and made me feel worse, but they also had a volunteer get my clothes bag, and a couple of nurses held up a blanket so I could get out of my wet clothes. That and a few glasses of chocolate milk had me feeling 100% better. I even took my bike and bags back to my car and went back to the finish. The volunteers and spectators deserve medals for getting us through this one - I went to the awards banquet on Sunday and almost cried in appreciation when they recognized and honored some of the ~4000 volunteers.
Quote Reply