Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bedroom Part Deux -- Bed Recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Having gotten rid of the TV and all that stuff, I was ready to bunker down into my sort of semi-inflated K-Mart air mattress in lieu of my former pricey but way too hard one. It works pretty well for my hips & shoulders, which are almost always sore to one degree or another. Air mattress lasted maybe a month before Rosie the Labrador popped it (she sleeps with me). Got another, she pops it after another month. I'm thinking of a Sleep Number (it's a glorified air mattress, right?) and wondering if any of the womens has tried & has opinions about it. Or an Aerobed? Is it more durable than a camping mattress?

Need ... sleep ..... zzzz ...

As always, thanks.

~~ kate
Quote Reply
Re: Bedroom Part Deux -- Bed Recommendations? [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at a hotel once and tried the sleep number bed. I was not impressed. If you are interested, I'd think it would be a good idea to head on down to a store to test it out a bit.

I found my last mattress at IKEA.
Quote Reply
Re: Bedroom Part Deux -- Bed Recommendations? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah there are a TON of negative reviews about them. Probably cheaper just to keep buying twenty dollar camping mattresses every couple of months. God knows I couldn't keep Rosie off the bed. She'd have a meltdown if she can't be close to the skin-mom. :(

Thanks.

~~ k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out latex mattresses...

http://www.teamodz.com
http://www.endurancelab.fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Select Comfortor Sleep number. I love love LOVE it. I can't say enough good about it.
It's the most comfortable bed to sleep in and adjustable so your partner can adjust their own firmness or you can change based upon how you feel-some nights I want my mature firmer b/c my back might hurt from running,etc
It moves so easily. It can be disassembled when you move and saves on moving costs. I never mind moving my mattress.
The warranty is amazing. Any parts I have had that I have had problems with have quickly been replaced with their 20 year warranty. I don't think I have ever had a company stand by their warranty the way this one has. All I have to do is call and they quickly find my information. I have had my bed for fifteen years and just had a problem, I had the new part completely free, I don't even pay shipping within 5 days.
I like going on vacation but I always end up missing my sleep number bed.
O, and it is far better than an aerobed. I sleep no one of those at my moms and it really doesn't compare. The sleep number is a whole different level of bedding!
Quote Reply
Re: Bedroom Part Deux -- Bed Recommendations? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same experience. Spent more time trying to fix it than enjoying a good night's sleep.

My fiance and I share a FANTASTIC memory foam mattress and it is my favorite thing ever. He tosses and turns and I don't feel a thing. Always comfortable to snuggle into, not too firm, not too soft. Greatest decision ever for both our relationship and our sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not tried a sleep number bed, but we have an aerobed in our guest room and its surprisingly comfortable.

We recently upgraded our bed and added a memory foam mattress pad from Costco and it's amazing. (Plus, if you hate it, it's really easy to return it.) But it has added just the right amount of firmness to our mattress and is amazingly comfortable. Just another thought...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We tried a sleep number bed. It wasn't for me and I hated the ridge in the middle if you share it with someone else. We purchased a Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe in February and couldn't be happier. Temperpedic is pricey, but well worth it if it works for you.

No matter what you do, make sure you buy somewhere that offers at least 90 days to try the bed with the ability to return it for a full refund!

Good Luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a suggestion to look at, there are now a number of hybrid spring/memory foam mattresses on the market. When my husband and I had to replace our beloved waterbed last summer we purchased a Simmons hybrid (the Symphony Strauss in firm, from Sears) and neither one of us has ever slept in a bed we liked more. We honestly miss our mattress when we go on vacations! I've heard good reports from other people who have purchased hybrids as well, including Fleck in the main forum.

Best of luck finding something that works for you.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
trisuppo wrote:
Check out latex mattresses...

My wife and I recently bought a King Size latex mattress from Flobeds.com. Each of our sides is customized to our softness/firmness preference. My brother-in-law has a latex mattress and loves it and said we should investigate it. I thought I was crazy ordering online. They had a decent return policy so I said what the heck. Couldn't be happier. My wife, who can be particular aboout how things feel, etc., absolutely loves it. The downside is its so comfortable I can't convince myself to get out of bed anymore early in the AM to workout.

Latex can be all natural - made from rubber sap from rubber tree. It springs back faster than memory foam and doesn't have the heat retention properties of memory foam. Sleeplikethedead.com is a good resource for reviewing data and reviews on all types of mattresses.

http://www.teamodz.com
http://www.endurancelab.fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw this and thought of you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Bedroom Part Deux -- Bed Recommendations? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that there's some funny stuff. I esp. like the "holy shit floating bonus."

I'm the proud owner of a yet-to-be-installed sleep number single-chamber queen C4.

and two ergonomic pillows.

and a waterproof mattress pad.

I'm a sucker for a good sales job.

:)
Last edited by: dreaming~big: Apr 23, 13 7:12
Quote Reply