Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR cd 0.1 2012
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I recently invested in this bike because a pro teammate of mine sold it to me. I bought it strictly for time trials. Now I'm reading that it's not UCI legal. I'm a road racer and might try some duathalons. I'm certainly not good enough to go anywhere national, I just ride the local races. Is this bike, or any QR bike ok for those?

A few questions:

1. can i still ride it in local time trial events that are not national events?
2. why isn't it uci legal, and are there any modifications that I can do to make it legal?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: QR cd 0.1 2012 [sheckington] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm....I won't be able to answer this question myself but the tri forum should be able to if no one responds over here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd guess yes, you could still ride the bike in local TTs.
Just check with the event - I wouldn't ask them "can I ride ____" but, "are you enforcing UCI rules regarding the bike frame ratio?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From our experience, it is rare that a bike is excluded from time trials. The exceptions are at the National level where federations are involved and the same protocol is applied to everyone's bikes who have not been UCI Approved - meaning that they have been designed under the UCI approval process. The bike has never been submitted to the UCI for approval, so it's not accurate to say the bike is not UCI legal - meaning we're not on some banned list (that I am aware of). There are plenty of bikes that are ridden in local time trials from different manufacturers that could potentially not be legal for a Pro Tour-level time trial, so it should not be an issue for you.

I know of people who race on CD0.1 bikes in time trials with no issues all over the country.

Quote Reply