Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lipstick vs. Lipgloss
Quote | Reply
Hey there womens...

I'm not an old guy, but I'm not a teenager either...

Out of the last few womens I've dated (we'll go with three): one in her 30s, one in her 20s, and one 30 on the nose... all wore lipgloss on a regular basis and rarely, if ever, wore lipstick.

Why is this? Has it fallen out of fashion or something? I always thought it looked so much nicer.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: Lipstick vs. Lipgloss [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I think lipstick is messy, dry and makes you look old - I don't care how expensive it is. Lipgloss is light, easy, moisturizing and can have different levels of shine and relatively inexpensive - anywhere from $12 (Clinique) to $32 (Chanel) some "glosses" have heavier deposits of color and can be thicker almost like a liquified/creamer lipstick but with the benefits of "gloss" not "lipstick". Go to the Bobbi Brown counter at Nordstrom, they can probably give you a better understanding of the differences and why people prefer one of the other :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like lipgloss with color (Burt's Bees Watermelon is my fave). You can put it on without using a mirror, doesn't leave as big of a splotch on coffee cups or glasses and you can eat with it on without having to worry about it getting all over.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lipstick vs. Lipgloss [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lipgloss is so much lighter and not as messy as lipstick can be. I also like the more natural look of lipgloss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like a clown with lipstick on, totally unnatural looking on me. Plus it just feels gross and you have to limit your kissing or wipe it off of him/her :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use both, but mostly gloss. Lipstick feels dressier, more professional. Gloss is easier to put on for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I find lipgloss rather juvenile. I wore it in high school regularly, but never do anymore. Ever.

Lipstick I'll wear on occasion. Usually matte, and usually red, and probably in the context of dinner/drinks/etc. Rarely to work. Lipstick to me generally feels dressy/sexy.

I'm 25, FWIW.

. . . . . . . . .
-julie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer a sheer gloss with little to no color. My favorite is Bigelow & Co Menthalip, its minty fresh.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Lipstick vs. Lipgloss [taciturned] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
taciturned wrote:
Personally, I find lipgloss rather juvenile. I wore it in high school regularly, but never do anymore. Ever.

I'm 25, FWIW.

So this was always kind of my thought; I coached track and field for a number of years and my girl athletes always had the stuff. I always found lipstick to be the more "adult" of the two. It seems then, most of the womens here don't use it because it takes more time and lip gloss is fast and easy??

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: Lipstick vs. Lipgloss [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Katy wrote:
I prefer a sheer gloss with little to no color. My favorite is Bigelow & Co Menthalip, its minty fresh.

I lurve C.O. Bigelow mentha stuff--I have the body wash, the scrub, and the lip stuff.

Have you ever had the chocolate mentha? Soooooo good. Strawberry milkshake mentha is a close second, but the chocolate is the best.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lipstick vs. Lipgloss [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15. It comes in several nice colors and it is moisturizing. I find other gloss/lipstick feel yucky on my lips and dry them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
original PV wrote:
taciturned wrote:

I'm 25, FWIW.

So this was always kind of my thought; I coached track and field for a number of years and my girl athletes always had the stuff. I always found lipstick to be the more "adult" of the two. It seems then, most of the womens here don't use it because it takes more time and lip gloss is fast and easy??

Uh, no....I think most of the women on here are saying it messy..I don't think it has anything to do with "time".

And seriously, lip gloss being juvenile...give me a break. I've never heard a more asinine comment . Talk to Bobbi Brown about that one....

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Lipstick vs. Lipgloss [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me it's simple. If I have my hair tied back its gloss, if it's down it's lipstick. Gloss it like a hair magnet and I'm constantly pulling my hair off my lip.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Womens wearing lip gloss always look like they just ate a greasy pork chop to me. Then again, I'm starting to get mail from the AARP...

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's a matter of personal taste I think. I wear lipgloss more frequently as it's easier to put on without a mirror, and doesn't look ridiculous when it wears off. Lipgloss is better for daily use. I find I like to wear a lipstick if it will compliment my outfit, or when going out on an evening. i feel lipstick is dressier and can complete a look.
Lipstick, however, rubs off during the course of the day/night and requires frequent touch ups.
My boyfriend hates me kissing him when I have lipgloss on though as he says it's sticky...
Quote Reply