Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help with Chocolate [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
dark chocolate actually has health benefits, as long as you're not eating the whole bar in one sitting.

http://www.webmd.com/...is-healthy-chocolate

And here lies my problem. If that wrapper is ripped, it is being eaten. Though not in ONE sitting. I will take a square or two and eat it, go away and think "Oh I am so clever and good, I'm only having a little." I then repeat this over and over and over again over the next few hours until the damn thing is gone.

I have no idea how anyone could eat ONE square. That is amazing to me. Chocolate can sit in my house for months as long as it is NOT open. Game over when it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Chocolate [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy a package of individually wrapped squares. Costco and Walgreens have Ghiradelli squares.

Quote:
I have no idea how anyone could eat ONE square

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Chocolate [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this thread! I am a total chocolate addict! Not sugar so much as just dark chocolate. There are probably three 'foods' I refuse to give up: chocolate, coffee, and red wine! There has to be a compromise somewhere, I can't be all no fun!

I get the Trader Joes 1 pound bar and break off 1 square - seems hefty enough, then I walk away and do other things. If I want another square later I do that. But I pretty much limit myself to 2-3 total in a day, but spread out. I think it is better than more coffee or starting the wine at Noon!!

Also I think what you eat for a treat needs to be looked at in the context of your overall diet. I am lucky and eat mostly local produce, all my own farm raised meat and eggs and VERY little processed food. I would rather eat real chocolate than the FiberOne stuff (sorry - no offense!) because they tell you it is healthier - pretty much if it is processed in a package the real thing is going to be better for you in the long run. At least your body knows what to do with fats that come in a more natural state.

Anyway, just finished my first cup of coffee and now craving chocolate!

Re: Help with Chocolate [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my grandmother made the best 'candy'
cocoa powder
natural peanut butter
honey

mix to a dough and eat.
I don't remember the amounts, but it wasn't too hard to figure out the one time I tried it on my own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went cold turkey on chocolate for Lent. It was tough at Valentine's when we had Ghiradelli around the house. The Easter candy hit the shelves next. I can ignore the low quality stuff, but the Lindt bunnies were killing me. Now after a few weeks, it really isn't bothering me. The fiancee had a dark chocolate cherry kind bar last night and I really didn't feel the urge to rip it out of his hands : )

I'll probably go back to having a little. I guess I'll go cold turkey again if I find myself overdoing it. My primary sweet intake is from chocolate, so it makes a significant impact on my overall sugar intake. I think that if I avoid milk chocolate I'll be okay. For some reason the milk chocolate just sets me off. Once I eat a little of it, I crave more. I like the individually wrapped squares of dark chocolate. Still enjoyable and not nearly as dangerous.

Lori M.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds delightful! I'd definitely try it with other nut butters, too.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Trackie, good point. I just know I am too cheap to buy the little ones. Perhaps I should just suck it up and spend the cash!!
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Chocolate [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else like me? If I have something on my mind that I want to eat I will stay strong and eat something else (thinking that I won't eat what I really want). In the end, I crack and I will have eaten what I really wanted along with all the "other stuff" I was eating to ignore my initial want. It drives me mad!

I have chocolate on my mind from reading all these posts.........Might as well just go get some chocolate and give in to the temptation.

Jen Yanda
Quote Reply

Prev Next