Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff
Quote | Reply
Well, we've had 3 practices and 2 games so far. My team is really, really cute (they're all 4). I have Holden, who is allergic to everything and who is so small, he has to run the bases with his fingers hooked in the ears of his helmet to keep it from falling off. Aundraya likes to sit on the field during games and, when not sitting, mosey over to me for a little girl talk. Spencer (my kid) likes to run the bases facing sideways, smiling at the "crowd" like he's some sort of rock star. Kyra has the fastest swing in the west; never give that kid a bat unless you are ready, RIGHT NOW, to have that baseball go flying.

I'm glad I was "forced" into this job.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I love about T ball is when the the ball his hit and all the kids, including the batter, run to grab the ball.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never give that kid a bat unless you are ready, RIGHT NOW, to have that baseball go flying.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try teaching martial arts to that age group. I have been kicked in the knee so often in the middle of explaining something. Thank god that can't kick any higher.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Touching father-son moment at the beginning to T-ball season: My oldest was 5 and he and I went to Dick's sporting goods to get him a glove, bat, etc etc for his first yr of T-ball. Not knowing exactly if he was a lefty or right yet I tossed him a ball, backed down the aisle a few feet and told him to throw the ball to me. he immediately flings said ball and hits me in the groin.... drops me to the floor...

I always liked seeing the entire team go to exactly where the ball went.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just remember to treat all those little punks the same, like dirt, and they'll respect you in the end.

That, or they'll be emotionally shattered for the rest of their lives, but that's not important. This it T-BALL, a Man's game and no place for wimps.

=)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [martytram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could probably use soe of these as motivators:

Sgt. Hartman: Were you born worthless, or did you have to work at it?

Sgt. Hartman: Did your parents have any children that lived?! "Gomer Pyle": Sir, yes, sir! Sgt. Hartman: I'll bet they regret that.

Sgt. Hartman: I bet you're the kind of guy that would fu** a person in the ass, and not even have the god damned common courtesy to give him a reach around.

Sgt. Hartman: "Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will PT you all until you fucking die. I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk. "

ahhhh....T-ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 games so far. My team is really, really cute

Isn't that just like a woman . . . Who won, already?

;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know; I actually felt like a girl writing it:)

Oh, and the league rules for this age group are no scoring. An inning is batting the entire roster. Everyone runs to first only and there are no outs.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What I love about T ball is when the the ball his hit and all the kids, including the batter, run to grab the ball.
That's the truth... I think all children's sports involving a ball should just be renamed "magnet ball".

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would rule and the kids would love it. Make it like fetch. Who ever brings the back the fastest wins.

Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kid's soccer is the best for that. The ball becomes the most magical toy ever.

"Screw staying in position, IT'S A BALL, RUN AFTER IT!"
Quote Reply
Re: I'm lovin' this t-ball stuff [adamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our you could do it Bayley style. Play with the chalk lines then ask for a break every 10 seconds.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and the league rules for this age group are no scoring. An inning is batting the entire roster. Everyone runs to first only and there are no outs.

=) There is ALWAYS one kid (at least) that is keeping score. Almost without fail, that one kid lets everyone else in the park know who won or lost. Kids.

I also love it when the whole team collapses on the ball ... or the one kid that fields the ball and runs it to wherever it is suppossed to go.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply