Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do Accel gels have caffeine in them? I'm like JenSW, ok w/ anything low intensity, but high intensity ( marathon) and I can't take anything without visiting the facilities - usually multiple times.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My running shoes are Asics duomax Solyte Gel and I love them. I don't want to spend too much (50-70?) for the trail shoes since they are going to get destroyed during the Tough Mudder - I honestly don't plan on a second mud race (I was tricked into it by the future brother-in-law who then didn't sign up for financial reasons... lamer).

The race will have obstacles, and I'm pretty sure I'll be spending some time swimming in ice baths, so I'd like something that drains well. I need to be able to climb over a wall, pulling myself up with a rope, so good grip would be very helpful.

I appreciate any suggestions you ladies have! Or prayers... I'm walking around the obstacles with electrical shocks because I value self-preservation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agilecipher wrote:
I don't want to spend too much (50-70?) for the trail shoes since they are going to get destroyed during the Tough Mudder - I honestly don't plan on a second mud race

the new balance stuff isn't too pricey, drains really well because the uppers are all mesh, and are good enough quality so they won't get destroyed. the WT1010 is $85 at runningwarehouse.com, and these are on sale for $50:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/...pageWRS-NB110W1.html <-- they're a newer version of my trusty old WT100s.

i don't really enjoy the chest-pounding carnival that is warrior dash/tough mudder/spartan race, but oddly enough i find trail shoes pretty ideal for running on trails :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
AWESOME! Thank you. I will give them a shot.

I agree, the TM is madness and I doubt I will "like" it, but it will be a fun accomplishment. Then I can get back to my normal tri training (and general slimming for wedding).

Thanks again for the help!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most flavors have no caffeine; chocolate has 20 mg; raspberry creme has 40 mg.

And Accel's Second Surge expresso has 100 mg. I save for mile 20. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm alive and back from Philly. I didn't run much while there, but did a LOT of walking around. Like 2+hrs of walking each day. Not ideal, but it was neat to explore the city and all the historical and artistic sights. And there are a lot! Holy cow! I'd sure like to go do the Philly marathon, looks damn flat ;-)

However, our h/w tank went last night, so I will be spending all Sat sitting around while that gets fixed. So this week is going to be close to a write off. 3 runs, 1 swim, 2 bikes, 3 LONG walks. That's it.

Next week will be MONEY (haha).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got them and they fit great. The off-center toe is weird-looking, but they are light and not fugly ^_^ Thanks again for the recommendation! I love that site, too. It's where my fiance got his shoes and my yankz (love those things).

Mucho appreciation! (Oh my, now this means I really have to do the TM!)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan 14 edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm alive and back from Philly. I didn't run much while there, but did a LOT of walking around. Like 2+hrs of walking each day. Not ideal, but it was neat to explore the city and all the historical and artistic sights. And there are a lot! Holy cow! I'd sure like to go do the Philly marathon, looks damn flat ;-)

However, our h/w tank went last night, so I will be spending all Sat sitting around while that gets fixed. So this week is going to be close to a write off. 3 runs, 1 swim, 2 bikes, 3 LONG walks. That's it.

I was just thinking that we hadn't heard from you. Glad your trip was good.
Funny what is considered a write-off week around here vs what the "normal" world would call that :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Balance shoes are made in my hometown - Skowhegan, ME :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're welcome! i used to be a huge runningwarehouse fan before they started charging $40 to ship a pair of shoes north of the 49th (still takes 2.5 weeks to arrive, too), but i know they're great for folks in the US.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Yeah I know - kinda sad eh? :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply

Prev Next