Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

last couple of long rides before 1/2 IM
Quote | Reply
Looking for input on what I should do for my last 2 long rides (one this Sunday, one the next, then the race the following). I've done 4 rides between 58-70 miles, with a 2-5 mile run after each of those. I'm just coming off a rest week, although I raced an Oly on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: last couple of long rides before 1/2 IM [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would do the 2nd last long ride about the same as your last ones (58-70miles). The last long ride should be a little bit shorter because it is already close to your Half-IM.
After that ride I would start tapering.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: last couple of long rides before 1/2 IM [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not tapering for the Atomic Man 1/2 by any chance are you? I am doing my longest ride today in prep for that race 9/28. I'll be doing a long 5 hour ride today and 3 1/2-4 hours next Tuesday. I'll do a brick this weekend on Saturday. After next Tuesday will do some Tempo work but no ride will be over 2 hours. I did my longest run Saturday 2:15 so I am glad that is behind me. If you are doing the Atomic man the run finishes on a hill, 6/10 of a mile darn near 5% the whole way, misery.

David
Quote Reply
Re: last couple of long rides before 1/2 IM [bikerdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I'm getting ready for Atomicman. I did the Oly on that course last year so I drove up that hill to park. I guess running it after 5-6 hours of exercise will be harder, huh?
Quote Reply