Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say yes they are and they will be my next wheelset most likely. Maybe FLO's
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flos? Really?

As much as I love their products I can´t see you rocking a 2.2 kg wheelset on any of your builds.

Actually, come to think of it, you save so much weight elsewher it´ll just bring the build up to UCI minimum :-)

I´m seriously considering the SwissSide Hadrons for my Merckx Corsa Extra SLX build. But that´s another story...

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I said MAYBE FLO's. The issue is that I could mount the Catalyst Wheelcover and have my ENVE wheelset come in at around 1475g for the complete wheelset and cover. That is 725g or 1.6 lbs to the bike if I go with Flo's and no cover.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late to this thread, but I'm trying to choose between two rims. The end use will be to build on a powertap hub for use in kona.

Option 1 is the farsports 88 clincher, 88 deep and 23 wide.

Option 2 is the carbon-cycling 86 clincher, 86 deep and 27 wide.

Any advice on breaking the tie? They net out to roughly the same price.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither. Light-bicycle makes a 90mm u shape clincher that would be better than both IMO. I have been absuing their 45mm 303 copy all year, and they are great. They are mostly mountain /29r wheels, but 45 and 90 ate their road offerings. You have to email them and request a quote with your spec. I can share the contact if you want it . Pm me.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the erd they are probably the same depth just changed for marketing to seem different.

Also the 27 are probably u shaped.

I have for the front an 88 v and an 88 u that is slightly wider (blanking on each) I like the handling of the u much better.
Last edited by: mrtopher1980: Aug 9, 14 12:33
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [Little Bill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Light-bicycle. I have their U-45s and the U-90 rims laces up with BHS hubs and sapim laser spokes. I couldn't be happier.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished the state champ road race this past weekend and as we were all waiting to start i took a quick recon of the wheel situation: 21 or so riders, 8 pairs of chinese carbon clinchers/tubies, 1 mavic cosmic carbone, 1 zipp 303, all the rest regular training wheels. The masters in front of us were quite similar with only 2 pairs of zipps, 1 pair of HED H3's, two or three Reynolds, and almost everybody else on chinese carbon clinchers. I have yet to see a pair of Flo wheels in a road race/crit race this year (done over 30 races) but have really noticed a trend towards the cheaper Chinese carbon tubulars among the hardcore roadies (cat 3 and lower). Even some of the cat 1/2's who have great deals on Zipp wheels are rocking the chinese carbon. I think most are noticing that they can now afford three or four wheels sets for a variety of conditions in place of just one pair or Zipp/Enve.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to mention trashing a pair of Chinese rims in a crit is a lot cheaper than a pair of Zipps!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an old thread and I know this is topic comes up sporadically in different threads, but

has anybody had any recent (ie. 2015/2016 batch) experience with CarbonZone wheels or Arron-bikes off eBay?

Or, does anybody have a recommendation for an unbranded wheel set?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:
It's an old thread and I know this is topic comes up sporadically in different threads, but

has anybody had any recent (ie. 2015/2016 batch) experience with CarbonZone wheels or Arron-bikes off eBay?

I got a 25mm wide 60/90 set from Helin Liu off eBay under Carbonspeedcycle about 1 yrs ago. Not sure if he's still there. Front wheel needed truing when I first got it. But since then they've been bomb proof.

I'd recommend him a lot from n=1 experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:

I Got a set of biaxing wheels off amazon a couple months ago. Decent so far and I felt better buying through amazon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:

I bought some 38mm rims from far sports (direct not on eBay). I built up with my own hubs but I have had a great experience (knock on wood).
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now if only there were a decent trispoke that was 25mm+ wide and not totally sketchy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:

Far Sports. I switch to Campy aluminum or hand built AL wheels for the mountains but for flattish or rolling terrain the Far Sports have held up fine. That does not exactly put a huge amount of strain on them, though.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, most of my races are all flat, some have small hills in FL, no mountain riding down here. I rarely hit 30mph+.

Every time I start looking at reviews, the more skeptical I become.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the opposite the more I read on them the more safe and great they sound for the price. The only common gripe I can find is they sometimes are delivered out of true but after that is fixed they seem to be great.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:
I am the opposite the more I read on them the more safe and great they sound for the price. The only common gripe I can find is they sometimes are delivered out of true but after that is fixed they seem to be great.

With mine the issue was they were not stress relieved after being built, so they ping and crunched on th first ride and came out of true, then I trued them and they were ok, until the one failed.
Quote Reply
Re: chinese carbon clinchers [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used the 38 or 24mm disc wheels for cyclocross?
Quote Reply

Prev Next