Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I agree with Monty, there are lots of guys like this - ones who have some social skills and don't live their lives on FB or on their phones. The problem is a lot of chicas don't even bother to look for or listen to them. I'm pretty extroverted so I have no problem striking up a conversation with random stranger X at a coffee shop, airport bar (these are always the best!), etc. I'm also not looking for anything more than a decent conversation. So I be honest about that, and 9 times out of 10, me and Mr. whomever sat beside me (and is secretly regretting it ha!) have a great convo for however long it ends up being. :-)

There are lots of guys out there who are smart, funny, reasonably polite, and will talk to women. Most of them are not in their twenties or early thirties.

I'm going to follow Monty and make sure my daughter isn't socially-handicapped by technology.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome post. Thanks for making me chuckle this morning.

Had a similar situation not too long ago. After the guy's motivational speech, I had to inform him that I was running slow because I was 5 mons pregnant.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [i-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I would have loved to see his face at that moment.

Good for you for running 5 months preggers :) Not always easy when you've got a grapefruit sitting on your bladder!

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [i-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I AM slow. I still find that sort of "encouragement" from a stranger to be condescending (although I will talk to him if he's cute). And I pay a great coach to advise me on how to get faster, so I don't really want advice from random people either, no matter how well intended. I am a FOP swimmer, however, and did laugh when at a "Gatorade" swim in Mirror Lake, I finished a lap alongside some out-of-breath guy, who took one look at me and said, "Gee, I guess drafting really DOES work." I didn't point out that a) I started a lot later than he did and wasn't on his feet until actually standing up, and b) I was swimming easy and without a wetsuit, just to find some sight lines. I think the desire to chat up a cute athletic girl is just part of the Y chromosome.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. What a dick! Any chance he could have been drafting off of you and that's why he made the comment?

I wish I could swim like you :)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Wow. What a dick! Any chance he could have been drafting off of you and that's why he made the comment?

I wish I could swim like you :)

I stood up just immediately behind him, so it was at least not ENTIRELY unreasonable for him to believe that I was drafting. I do NOT look like a swimmer, to be sure. Every year I have at least two guys at those practice swims give me the "Holy Crap! You are fast!" astonished comment, usually after some "advice" on how to race the specific course. This past year one of them even tracked me down via FB after the race - not the drafting guy, that was a few years ago. This one was funny because my finish-chute photos show a guy who's already finished clearly checking out my ass, so much that my friends actually commented on it, and wouldn't you know, it's that guy. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a thread like that would be hilarious. A few weeks back I was up at the LBS, after hours and we were all having some beers. The discussion at one point was pointing out the cyclists vs the triathletes. This continued as more guys showed up... There was this one meat head that was talking with me and we were discussing the different triathlon lengths we raced. Fast forward a few hours at a bar. Meat head (I'm not sure how he cycled, ran, let alone did sprints) He kept being a little creeper next to me. Finally, he comes up, puts his arm around the back of my chair and leans in for the best question ever: "So, do you run to or only bike?"

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seh wrote:
I think a thread like that would be hilarious. A few weeks back I was up at the LBS, after hours and we were all having some beers. The discussion at one point was pointing out the cyclists vs the triathletes. This continued as more guys showed up... There was this one meat head that was talking with me and we were discussing the different triathlon lengths we raced. Fast forward a few hours at a bar. Meat head (I'm not sure how he cycled, ran, let alone did sprints) He kept being a little creeper next to me. Finally, he comes up, puts his arm around the back of my chair and leans in for the best question ever: "So, do you run to or only bike?"

Hahaha...WTF? Where the hell had he been for the whole "tri" conversation? What a douche.

OK. These stories are just too funny, and I tv ink a thread could provide a useful outlet fir venting. At the risk of over thread starting, I'll start one :) I would love it if the Womens forum actually had some regular freakin posting :)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm game on more posting here!!!! :)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Just curious, is running in a skirt comfortable? I guess it must be :)

They are if you get a good one. My favorite brand is Lululemon, they just fit right and have a bit of grip at the bottom so they dont ride up.

http://www.jennacaer.com
Instagram @jennacaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do guys say some of the most fucktarded things

Cause we're guys. HELLO?! :)

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
Why do guys say some of the most fucktarded things

Cause we're guys. HELLO?! :)

Haha, very funny. Excellent response.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [RunaroundS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunaroundS wrote:
Almost like the guy run next to me in a 10k repeatedly saying "you can do it, you're almost there". After awhile, I said "I will just let you know, I have covered this distance many times...I am just having a bad day"....( as if 42:00 is really THAT bad for a middle aged woman)

A 42:00 10k is very respectable for anyone, male or female. It took me a long time to get into that territory and rest assured that when I'm running any sort of pace approaching the 4 min/km mark, I'm far too winded to offer any idiotic comments. So, the only comment I would have had for you in that situation is "wow".
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Condenscending Dude [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL thanks for the laugh, and yes some guys think this is a good pickup line.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply

Prev Next