I think I might need a tissue...
Quote | Reply
OMG!!!

http://www.isaac-carbon.co.uk/index2.htm

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my training partners has one arriving in two or three weeks. We had a look at a prototype at the London Triathlon last month and ordered one on the spot, much to the amusement of me and the chagrin of his wife. The company has some sort of connection with Principia methinks. Save the tissues for when you meet one in the flesh.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet Jesus, that's pretty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hubba Hubba!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah that is sex. pure sex.

these are the persons who make the forks for principia, another lust object that i can no look at nor discuss around mix company.

that bike is why i wake up every morning.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They make Principia's forks, I do believe. That leads me to believe that Isaac has a very intimate connection with Principia, who do make a FINE bike.

Mighty fine looking bike, I will say so myself.
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so my fine flop ear friend do you see yourself making anything like that in the future?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: customerjon: Sep 6, 03 22:00
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Isaac collaborates with Principia. Interesting, when I was considering a tri-bike by Principia, their website was touting a carbon monocoque frame to be made as a collaborabtion between the two companies. Hmmm . . . I guess the lust was to sweet and Isaac decide to play ball by itself. Sweet frame indeed! I would assume a relationship still exists as the frame looks like Prinicipia's TT frame, but out of carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You never know. I would love to build a hollow monocoque, rather than a "mouldless" construction (over foam, nomex, or other substructure) frame. I have not built a frame (yet), but would love to as soon as I can figure out how to have a nice, heated garage with proper heated floor without it costing an arm and a leg. I may do the cinder block oven, but I want to do it on the cheap. This would be the only way I could do it, as the fall/winter does not entail quite the training time that the spring/summer needs.

A metal frame would be considerably easier (as far as teperature is concerned), and I may do it, as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. But didn't notice any mention of price. I'd be afraid to ask.
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ubiquitous Principia dropout is present on this frame, as well as the dual sized headset. This is definitely a colaboration between the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The routing through the headtube is a pretty sweet idea.

-Brendan
Quote Reply
Re: I think I might need a tissue... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the frame only retail price is around GBP 1600 (USD 2540-ish).

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply