Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? Nov. 12 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch. that's not good. :-(. Keep ion fighting, we're rooting for you.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Andy's thoughts. We are rooting for you and you know we are always here when you need to vent.

And super sorry to hear about the stress fracture. I am sure you have seen it but just in case, Pete Pfzinger has a decent water running program (http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/water.shtml) that may help you keep some of your amazing run fitness while you recover. I have also been to several coaching seminar in the last few weeks that have presented papers indicating that water running is a pretty darn good at maintaining run fitness during injury recovery so it may be worth trying.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 12 Edition [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 on water running. Mindlessly boring as hell but effective. My achilles was acting up ~3 weeks out from my first IM, so I water ran for 2 weeks. I even managed a 2hr "run" and didn't kill myself. :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 12 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
X2 on water running. Mindlessly boring as hell but effective. My achilles was acting up ~3 weeks out from my first IM, so I water ran for 2 weeks. I even managed a 2hr "run" and didn't kill myself. :-)

AP

Oh. My. God. You are my new hero. How the hell did you do that? You must have been rockin' the best sound track ever made.

TC-- Hang in there girl. Is eliptical still an option?
So glad you're going to see someone :) Don't every feel like you have to do this alone...

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 12 Edition [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, no tunes. This was 2005 before waterproof MP3 players existed.

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 12 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the support.
I am more worried about the eating issues than the stress fracture. (Fractures heal :P). I had an appointment with a new counselor at school today, so we'll try that and in the meantime - as there are school breaks coming up - I will do phone appts with my therapist from Maine as I transition to a new person. The first therapy sessions, in my experience, involve more getting to know the person and understanding the problem and what work has been done than new stuff. That said, it was a relief just to walk into the counseling center so that felt good.

One way I can help myself is not eat artificial sweeteners... I think they just make me crave actual sugar. (but they are lower calorie! my eating disorder voice says). Not to mention they make my stomach feel not so great if I eat too much light yogurt or whatever. I do like plain yogurt so I will try to stick to that or mix that with sugared stuff (I'm opposed to regular flavored yogurt - so much added sugar - you might as well eat ice cream). But artificial sweeteners are not helping.

I fundamentally believe I can recover from this. I have been in a happy, healthy place before so I know it exists. I was doing just fine the first month of school.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are amazing. you are facing this head on. And getting counseling is huge. Keep up the journaling. We are all here for you, come and vent / scream / cry any time at all. Change is hard. Going from Maine to OR is huge!!! The first 6 months are the hardest.
I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you have a good appointment today. Switching therapists is so challenging :/

We are all pulling for you. Eating disorders are so freakin' tough, but so are you TC! Thinking about you today...

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 12 Edition [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started bingeing this afternoon and distracted myself (changed the flat on the bike and cleaned the whole thing). I did eat a fair amt but I *stopped* and that is good. (Having the bike ready to go is also good ;-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next