Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wetsuit and Vaseline or Crisco [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using copious amounts of vaseline around the ankles of my wetsuit for many years. Absolutely zero degradation at all. I've never seen any scientific proof of any kind of chemical reaction between vaseline and neoprene.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit and Vaseline or Crisco [Jim Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there

I know this is for you all already an old topic, but recently it came up again on our Facebookpage in Holland.
Someone had chafting in his neck and asked what to do?

Of course the vaseline was mentioned more than once, but also that it is NOT DONE to use this because of the effect on the neoprene. This time I wanted to sort it out for once and for all.

The result : Vaseline is NOT bad for neoprene BUT.............. if the seam of your suit comes loose and they have to repair it AND glue it again AND there has been vaseline on this seam............ THEN repair is not possible anymore.

That's why most of the brands do have a warranty nowadays about using the vaseline...............only because of the repairs.
So, when you're convinced of the fact that your seams of the suit will never fall apart, keep on using the vaseline...........saves you a lot of money against body glide or any other product.

Come to think of it.............. body glide has been on the market since 1996. What did they do before 1996? :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next