Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fall Beers: Pumpkin vs. Oktoberfest? [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck the oktoberfest vs. pumpkin shit. Sierra Nevada Narwhal double stout.

OK, if I had to choose, it's be an oktoberfest, probably a Spaten, HB, or Hacker-Pschorr.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Beers: Pumpkin vs. Oktoberfest? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Fuck the oktoberfest vs. pumpkin shit. Sierra Nevada Narwhal double stout.

OK, if I had to choose, it's be an oktoberfest, probably a Spaten, HB, or Hacker-Pschorr.

Not sure if it was this thread or another one that I saw last year, but I had always liked Sam Adams Oktoberfest. Spaten, Paulaner, and Hacker-Pschorr were mentioned often so I picked up a few of each. All 3 unbelievable. Hacker is my favorite of the three, but I have Spaten in the fridge right now. Definitely my favorite time of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like both of them but the day after Thanksgiving I wouldn't touch either until the next October.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like Harpoon Oktoberfest. Sam Adams Oktoberfest is pretty decent as well. I do like some of the pumpkin beers, but not as much. Too often, the pumpkin beers are loaded with so much spice (typically nutmeg) that you can't taste anything else.

Spot

Quote | Reply
I like the a Harpoon Octoberfest better as well, their Winter Warmer is outstanding, always comes out about a week before Thanksgiving.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Fall Beers: Pumpkin vs. Oktoberfest? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course. Any true Oktoberfest beer is brewed in Munich. All others are Oktoberfest styles. Doesn't mean one is any better than the other. I think Weihenstephaner has a very good oktoberfest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stumpkin

Half pumpkin ale, half stout.

As far as I know this was invented by the Gilded Otter in New Paltz, NY. They're hotter at the Otter;)

You're welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I just had Southern Tier's Warlock last night. Absolutely delicious. Very dark and the pumpkin flavor is not overpowering at all. Much more like a stout than "pumpkin".

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Beers: Pumpkin vs. Oktoberfest? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Of course. Any true Oktoberfest beer is brewed in Munich. All others are Oktoberfest styles. Doesn't mean one is any better than the other. I think Weihenstephaner has a very good oktoberfest.

My favorite brewery. Took a tour in 2012. Was awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Fall Beers: Pumpkin vs. Oktoberfest? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Gawd almighty, I don't know how you guys can drink the pumpkin crap. Ugh!

Love Oktoberfest! Had Lakeshore Brewing Company Oktoberfest last night (local microbrew). It was outstanding.

I picked up a mix-n-match sixer the other night, comprised mostly of Oktoberfest brews, and one Devil's Backbone Pumpkin Hunter Ale, which I'm enjoying currently. Goes down nicely after a dusty ride on the Harley. Not too allspicey, doesn't try too hard. Not very pumkiny, either, which is nice. Just enough.

I'm volunteering at our neighborhood's Oktoberfest tonight, slinging beers from 6-8pm. DFH Punkin Ale on tap. By far the best offering between the two categories. I had Lakeshore's Oktoberfest a few nights ago, but that was following two DFH 120s, so I have no recollection of whether I liked it or not.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next