Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upcoming College Grad seeking post-college employment
Quote | Reply
I will be graduating in May of next year and want to get a head start on job hunting. Below is a copy of my resume:
Objective
Motivated Individual seeking dynamic organization to begin mutually profitable career with.

Education
University of California, Berkeley, CA

Spring

Bachelor, English, Creative Writing, 3.644
§ Prose Nonfiction
§ Faculty Research
§ Communications 101
§ Short Fiction
§ Intro to Business Ethics
§ Statistics
§ Golden Key Honors Society

Sierra College, Rocklin, Ca

August 2008 - December 2010

AA, English

Experience
University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW

July 2012 - August 2012

Research Assistant
Concerned directly with compiling vast citation lists and interpreting sources for relevance to supervisor project. Constant interaction with head of the department on an individual level. My experience with UOW shows excellent listening skills, and ability to pay particular attention to detail. Proficient in Excel and Endnote.

Viz Media, San Francisco, Ca

June 2011 - August 2011

Intern
Evaluated and improved quality of intra-departmental resources. Tracked pending, ongoing, and completed business deals. Organized Supervisors' convention schedules. Packaged and Shipped departmental items to Japan HQ. Constant interaction with supervisors and other departments.

Cal Magazine, Berkeley, Ca

June 2011 - August 2011

Intern
Specific duties included: entering obituaries and class notes; updating ship list; transcription; editing; and fact checking. Reported directly to editing staff. Good empathetic and listening skills. Experience with InDesign. Proficient in Excel.

Skills
§ Proficient Writer
§ Efficient Editor
§ Capable Researcher
§ Data Interpretation
§ Effective Communicator
Activities
§ Reading & Writing
§ Competitive Athlete
§ Travel
§ Food
Quote Reply