Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

trends, resurrected
Quote | Reply
for fun! I know the 'rule' is do not wear a new trend that you wore the first time. But people are calling my current haircut - the Miley. But I had that in the 80s and now have a version I think age appropriate. Wondered, are there things you still wear, still listen to, or styles you like? But considered old and new again?
And does this influence how you dress? Sometimes I wonder if age appropriate, whatever that means.
Edit to add, I have not had same hair since the 80s! Just cut this?way a few days ago
Last edited by: triLA: Aug 18, 12 20:14
Quote Reply
Re: trends, resurrected [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been sporting the same hairdo/don't for years now -under a cap or hat because I don't like that my hair changes colors when exposed to the sun. I am a shopper and have a varied style of fashion but deep washed denim and the nautical looks are always the way to go. They never goes out of fashion, no matter the age or size.

Quote | Reply
Kind of the opposite. I lived through the tight tapered pegged jeans look and I just have a really hard time thinking about wearing 'skinny jeans' this time around. Maybe it's also because I'm older and feel my hips are wider and that look just doesn't fly well unless you're built like a stick.
Quote Reply
Re: trends, resurrected [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Braids
Quote Reply
Re: trends, resurrected [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
Braids
Fishtail or Rick James?

Quote | Reply
Make-up.

Sounds strange but I'm an 80s girl and we wore make-up! Lots and lots of make-up. I have toned it down but I still can't leave the house without concealer, mascara and eyeliner. I've tried as I've gotten older but I'm never comfortable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: trends, resurrected [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Braids are popular now because of the Hunger Games movie. I'm back in style again. :)
Last edited by: TriBeer: Aug 20, 12 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: trends, resurrected [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too. I used to be ok spending weekends makeup less, but as I've aged I feel like I need a little help.

I recently bought some leggings. :-) I'll so skinny jeans but only with long tops and boots.
Quote Reply