Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days!
Quote | Reply
Well, that did not take long! Just wait until more people hear his message.

Team Donkey - it's time to get nervous ...

Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan’s favorables are up after the first blush of national media exposure following Mitt Romney’s selection of him as his vice presidential running mate. But as is generally the case with running mates, Ryan gives only a slight boost to Romney.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters now have a favorable opinion of Ryan, while 32% view him unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable view of Romney’s vice presidential pick and 13% with a Very Unfavorable one. Only 13% are now unfamiliar with Ryan, and five percent (5%) are not sure about him. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/..._he_was_right_choice

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, lookie, lookie! Ohio likes the Ryan pick! How 'bout that ...

Early reactions to Mitt Romney’s new running mate are modestly positive in Ohio.
Fifty-one percent (51%) have a favorable opinion of the GOP’s Vice Presidential running mate. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Ohio finds that 39% have an unfavorable view. Those figures include 33% with a Very Favorable opinion and 24% with a Very Unfavorable view. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/...opinion_of_paul_ryan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a man-crush on Ryan. But dude, it must be a slow night if you're replying to your own post on your own thread. ;-)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very bored while I watch the WI GOP Sen results come in ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The JS map makes for easy tracking.

http://www.jsonline.com/...itics/164929496.html

Looks like Tommy will be the winner. Name recognition, and the devil we know will have swung the undecideds.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [Badger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I completely agree. Although, I wish there was a run-off election. I think, head-to-head, Hovde would beat Thompson. The fact that Thompson is going to squeak this one out shows the lack of overwhelming support.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

That widow's peak of his is giving away his true nature of being a vampire. ;)

Ryan is a likable guy, but he ain't running for president, Mitt is. And that guy is uncomfortable in his own skin. If he embraces Ryan's plans- many of them are fiercely unpopular. If he distances himself from them- then come debate time, he's gotta' come up with solutions of his own. good luck Mitt.

glad you're feeling confident. But take 3 min and check out what you're up against. There's a reason why Obama got himself elected president. he's damn good on the stump.

http://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Team elephant... eh, you've already been nervous. just continue as you've been.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the election overload/ambivilance caused by the recall hurt Hovde some. A lot of people just didn't want to engage to learn about a new candidate. Assuming he beats Baldwin(which Ryan's popularity, if it continues will help), Tommy will be a one termer, probably won't accomplish much, will bark occasionally to remind people he's there, and be a dependable partisan vote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess you are not paying attention to what is happening in Florida.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [sea.bryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sea.bryan wrote:
I guess you are not paying attention to what is happening in Florida.

Really?

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Florida Voters finds Romney with 46% support to the president’s 45%. Five percent (5%) prefer someone else, and four percent (4%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morey000 wrote:
JSA wrote:

That widow's peak of his is giving away his true nature of being a vampire. ;)

Ryan is a likable guy, but he ain't running for president, Mitt is. And that guy is uncomfortable in his own skin. If he embraces Ryan's plans- many of them are fiercely unpopular. If he distances himself from them- then come debate time, he's gotta' come up with solutions of his own. good luck Mitt.

glad you're feeling confident. But take 3 min and check out what you're up against. There's a reason why Obama got himself elected president. he's damn good on the stump.

http://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Team elephant... eh, you've already been nervous. just continue as you've been.

How come the crowd was so small for the President?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

How come the crowd was so small for the President?

it's because nobody wants to see the president... go right on convincing yourself of that.

Either that- or perhaps it was because he was in Boone, Iowa.
Never been to Boone myself. Heck, never even heard of Boone- but my expectation is that it's not a densely populated part of the country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
morey000 wrote:
There's a reason why Obama got himself elected president. he's damn good on the stump.

Or at least, he was until some hacker reprogrammed his teleprompter. ;)

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess you did not look at the headlines of pretty much ever newspaper in Florida over the past few days. With the Medicare issue now on the table, the likelihood of the state leaning dem have dramatically increased. Since this is not a popularity contest that is a big give in order to revive flagging hopes in the Midwest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, he's no Paul Ryan, so, I guess small crowds for Obama are to be expected. I guess I foolishly believed a sitting President could attract more people.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
morey000 wrote:

Hold on...you mean like in 2008 when Obama came up with his own solutions? A lot of hocus pocus and 'hope and change'? Face it, a Presidential election is all about your oratory chops and your likeability, and with Ryan on the ticket Romney's side just got a huge boost, plan or no plan.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
morey000 wrote:

Hold on...you mean like in 2008 when Obama came up with his own solutions? A lot of hocus pocus and 'hope and change'? Face it, a Presidential election is all about your oratory chops and your likeability, and with Ryan on the ticket Romney's side just got a huge boost, plan or no plan.

Yes, and it appears that liberals think the empty suit POTUS will all of the sudden become a leader with real solutions and be capable of guiding and negotiating a mostly Republican congress to pass them?

More Hope is needed, boys.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan up to 50% favorable rating in 3 days! [sea.bryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been tracking Florida and I think you make my point. The liberals and the media (but I repeat myself) will continue to raise the Medicare scare. They will ignore the fact that Ryan's plan does not touch anyone 55 or older while Obama has stolen (yes, stolen) $700B from Medicare. But, actual voters, especially the elderly, are quickly figuring this out. Florida is very much in play, especially when the debates start.

To top it all off, Ryan has pulled in the youth vote. Funny, who predicted that? Oh yeah, it was me ...

Damn, that Ryan kid was a good pick!

For the first time since he began running for president, Republican Mitt Romney has the support of over 40 percent of America's youth vote, a troubling sign for President Obama who built his 2008 victory with the overwhelming support of younger, idealistic voters.
Pollster John Zogby of JZ Analytics told Secrets Tuesday that Romney received 41 percent in his weekend poll of 1,117 likely voters, for the first time crossing the 40 percent mark. What's more, he said that Romney is the only Republican of those who competed in the primaries to score so high among 18-29 year olds.
"This is the first time I am seeing Romney's numbers this high among 18-29 year olds," said Zogby. "This could be trouble for Obama who needs every young voter he can get."
Zogby speculates that Romney's selection of 42-year-old Rep. Paul Ryan helped turn more younger voters to him. "It could be his youthfulness," said Zogby of Ryan. Plus, he said, more younger voters are becoming libertarian, distrustful of current elected officials and worried that they are going to get stuck with the nation's looming fiscal bill.
"They want change," said Zogby.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/...2504893#.UCueg91lREN

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
"They want change," said Zogby.

Hold on...didn't we just get change? Politics as usual was going out the window, no more backdoor meetings, less bickering and partisanship.

Looks like we need change from...whatever it was Obama's changed. And I agree with the article, I've talked to more and more folks around my age (32) who are libertarian, sick of both sides of the aisle and the mess that our government has caused. Hopefully Romney/Ryan is the first step to cleaning that mess up, because it certainly isn't a big one imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FROM THE ST ARCHIVES:

Remember when: Paul Ryan was a likable guy, whose primary foible was a propensity to lie about his marathon running acumen?
Oh, how I miss the old Republican Paul, before he got himself mixed up in this whole mess and became the Populist Apologist Paul.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Last edited by: Guffaw: Oct 13, 17 12:27
Quote Reply