Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 23
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 23 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a good week. 3 swims, 4 rides, and 6 runs. My goals had been 3 swims, 2 rides, and 6-7 runs, so I am happy.

M - 5 mi run + 2000 yd swim
T - 8 mi run + 12 mi bike
W - 6.5 mi run + 20 mi bike
T - 10 mi run + 1000 yd swim
F - 2500 yd swim + 20 mi bike
S - 16 mi run
S - 6.2 mi run + 42 mi bike

Totals: 5500 yd swim, 89 mi bike, 51.7 mi run

goals for this week: 4 OW swims (1 done), 2-3 rides, 6-7 runs
also: study each day, language and editing the article I'm working on

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a good week for me.
I hit all the week's scheduled workouts - with only a couple of modifications.
I skipped track club because it was 100+ degrees and instead opted to run later in the evening on my own (at sunset).
Hit my run mileage goal for the week.
Swam twice.
Biked 4x - 2 commutes, a really fast club ride and a long ride
the club brick workout was my best ever. Fast ride, fast run (I was running with the GUYS in our group, that has NEVER happened before!) - possibly my fastest 6mi run (in a non-race) ever.
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Made my run goal in terms of volume and frequency and got my frequency on bike and swim, but didn't get the volume in. Still a bit pooped from racing last weekend, I think. So i decided to swap last week with this week, so i had recovery week last week and this week is a big training week. 4 bikes, 12500 yards swim and 36 miles run. Plus stretch, strength and PT.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonderful job everyone.

I didn't meet my goals, but decided instead that I needed a recovery week. I hadn't had one in 7 weeks, and really only took one week off after my IM. I was feeling really tired, so decided for once to actually listen to my body. I won't bore you w/ the details, but basically didn't hit any of my training goals, and that was actually a good thing!.

But this morning's run was good - legs felt much better and I'm back on track.
Goals this week,
5 runs for at least 50 miles.
3-4 bikes for at least 3 hours of bike.
1-2 swims
1-2 weight sessions
3 core w/o.

Happy training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 3: WIN with 4
- bike x 2: eeh, can i call it a win if i rode to ribfest, stuffed myself with meat and booze and then rode home?
- run x 4: WIN though all were short/easy
- core/strength x 4: WIN

had a shortened week for workouts as a result of going out for dinner monday, getting car in for sevice and hitting our local ribfest saturday, then going to the art gallery yesterday afternoon to see the picasso exhibit (have had tickets since early may).

this week's goals:
- swim x 3
- bike x 2
- run x 4
- core/strength x 4

we'll go with pretty soft goals for this week, since i'm off to the stratford festival on saturday, packing sunday and riding my motorcycle out to quebec on monday for a week of touring around :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
The Picasso exhibit must have been awesome.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was, as was the rest of what we were able to see at the gallery (our tickets weren't until 2pm, so we only had from 2:00 until they closed at 5:30pm to see everything we could). i hadn't been for years, and they've done an amazing job of renovation and expansion since my last visit. i had to show my husband their amazing collection of canadian art; he was as delighted as i was with the massive number of krieghoff and group of seven pieces.

the treatment of picasso's works was thoughtful and sensitive - these were 147 pieces from his private collection on loan from the musee nationale in paris. you can see a fair bit of the artwork and the AGO's approach to its display and history here: http://www.ago.net/4375

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:

Run 5X (40' aerobic with strides - DONE; 60' aerobic with strides - Wed - DONE; 45' interval *or* hill repeats - Fri - DONE opted for hills; 90' steady - Sat - DONE; anything 10'+ off the bike - Sun - NOPE) - I call DONE.
Ride 3x (commute x2 - Tues & Thurs and one long ride on the weekend - Sun) - DONE including a 2.5hr MTB ride on Sunday. Awesome.
Swim once (yes really I swear I will swim at least once - Sat maybe???) - FAIL (as always).
Weights/Core/Plyo 2x (Wed and Fri) - FAIL only got 1 session in due to work sked.

This week: tough work sked - another 2 day audit coming up.
Run 3x (anything at this point will be good haha)
Bike 5x (commute+ for at least one of them

That's it. Once work settles down (if it does?) I will book a day off to SWIM and RIDE.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not too bad. Here was the plan/results.

Sun - Off. Went to watch the Lake Stevens 70.3. Saw Mirinda Carfrea finish. She as so awesome. Inspiring.
Mon - Run 25' = DONE Threw in some Fartleks. Got mooned by two guys. Hilarious!
Tues - Strength training + 30' swim = DONE
Wed - Run 20' Easy = OFF - Got a last minute tickets to the Sounders (soccer/football) so went to that instead.
Thurs - Strength training + cardio (maybe machines or swimming) = DONE
Fri - Run 20' w/Fartleks - SWIMMING instead
Sat - Run 30' Easy trails - DONE but did a hard run in my neighborhood. Finally PWND the big hill to my apt. This thing is ugly and I'm thrilled I conquered it.
Sun - Did a 90' charity walk for Old Dog Haven.

I walked to work one of those days. I think it was Thursday.

This week

Mon - OFF
Tues - 30' run
Wed - Weights + 30' cardio
Thurs - 30' run
Fri - Weights + 1200y swim
Saturday - Run 30'
Sunday - Run 20'

4 runs, two weights, 1 cardio, 1 swim + walk to work 1 day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Jul 23, 12 21:40
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 23 [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all you ladies for sharing your "core" routines last week! Maybe I'll try doing some of my own soon now that I have suggestions...

Last week I resolved to swim outside and do a speed workout for running. I didn't get to either. This week I'll try to swim again, but I'm going to hold off on doing running speed work until I get closer to cross country season.

M: 70 min run at 7 min pace
T: 70 min run at 7 min pace (again, but different route)
W: 10k tempo in 41:16, cool down was walking to get a margarita because it was too hot!!
R: 30 min run at 9 min pace
F: 40 min run at 8 min pace
S: 2 hours mountain biking, 30 min trail run, 1 hour tennis
S: 45 mins tennis, 30 min trail run

So far this week, 70 min run at 8 min pace and 30 mile bike with 20 min run very slow. This was my first actual brick workout since 2009. Hopefully there will be more of them.
Quote Reply