Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race wheel/tire suggestion wanted
Quote | Reply
So I'm relatively new to the triathlons/duathons and got my first tri/TT bike back in May after doing half a year of racing on my road bike. I'm more of a duathlete at the moment until I figure out when/where I'm going to add a regular swimming routine into my life. I'm considering upgrading the stock bontrager wheels/tires (650x25) that came on my speed concept to something else, but I don't know what the good "entry" level set of race wheels are. I'm not looking to break the bank but I'm not opposed to making the investment if it's a good deal. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheel/tire suggestion wanted [tritygr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there was a pair of hed3 in the classies for 550. for first set of race wheels a good choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my first Tri Bike this year and used HED 3's for two 1/2 Ironman races this year so far. Suppose to be the best for all wind conditions, I liked them. Good Luck with your options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for H3 wheels.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you go with? I got my tt bike in May after racing for 3 seasons on my road bike. I upgraded to HED Jet 6/9 combo and could not be happier!
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheel/tire suggestion wanted [FastCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jet 6 and 9 do not come in 650c, only 700c.

hopefully op went with h3... probably the best 650c wheel, assuming a lighter individual can handle it on the front in the crosswinds.
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheel/tire suggestion wanted [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just make sure you put good tires and tubes on... Vittoria Open Corsa EVO and latex tubes is like buying free speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got Hed Jet 60 and jet 90 650c wheels and love them. I bought them just a few months ago so I'm pretty sure they're available in 650. (Not sure how they might be different than the Hed Jet 6 and Jet 9 700c other than size.) They seem to handle very well in windy conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheel/tire suggestion wanted [FastCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn't mean to abandon my own thread haha I actually haven't made a final purchase yet (had some other financial obligations to take care of first) but I have narrowed it down to the Hed3s and older model Zipps. Thanks everyone for the input!
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheel/tire suggestion wanted [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tegra wrote:
jet 6 and 9 do not come in 650c, only 700c.

Maybe someone should tell Hed:

Jet 60 650c

Jet 90 650c
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of each - that I am looking to sell, but haven't gotten around to yet.

Both are Tubular tires - and I would throw in an extra tire or two!

HED 3 - aluminum breaking surface - great wheels. Never crashed well cared for. They are an older model 4-5 ish years? Was hoping for $500 + shipping

Zipp 909 front/Rear Disk - all carbon - also great wheels. Never crashed, etc. These are probably in the same age range. The disk does have dimpling. Was hoping for $600 + shipping.

Feel free to PM me if you want pictures...I know everyone says it is easy, but I am not all that technology versed!

Quote | Reply
H3 wheels!
Quote Reply