Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TIA help
Quote | Reply
(Cross posted in the tri forum)
I have recently had a TIA and am looking for athletes who have had one (or more) for some peace of mind, guidance and suggestions.
As all of you know, physicians have little to no concept of athletes and how to address training when one has had an injury or health issue ("Just walk instead" is NOT going to cut it).
I have been consistently training for many years and ,while I understand the need to drastically decrease intensity at the moment, I want to get a sense of how others have addressed training in light of a significant health scare.
Any experiences you might have had, references you might be able to suggest (especially neurologists who work with athletes) or resources for athletes with TIA histories would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: TIA help [toreishi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess I'm not going to be much help since I have no clue what TIA means.
Quote Reply
Re: TIA help [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transient ischemia attack= Mini stroke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, ok. Still can't help. Sorry to hear you're having to deal with this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can't help either, but best of luck to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest finding a sports medicine doctor with an understanding of endurance athletes and excellent reputation- perhaps looking for someone who is connected with a teaching hospital. They can consult with/ refer you to a neurologist.

Until you find a practitioner, take it easy and keep in touch with supportive people. Hope to see you around on ST!

-TMT
Quote Reply