Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 25/26 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a good week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 25/26 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals had been 6 swims (5 done) and 1 bike (nope). I ran 7 times for 55 miles and swam 5 times for 16,600 yards.
Raced a half marathon on Sunday; it was hot and humid and I went out too fast. 2nd in AG with a 1:43. I need to run more on pavement; that was the other issue...

M - 8 mi run + 2500 yd swim
T - 9 mi run + roughly a mile OW swim
W - 8.2 mi run + 4600 yd swim
Th - 4.5 mi run
F - 6.2 mi run + 5000 yd swim
S - 6 mi run + 3300 yd swim
S - half marathon race

goals for this week: run 5x, ride once, let running take care of itself; kayak or canoe twice

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jun 26, 12 7:25
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 25/26 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty good week. Got all my workouts in except for four miles of running and 1.5 hours of bike. Will be able to make up the bike this week.

Thinking of mistress k and hoping all is going as well as it can.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 25/26 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for that :) as a friend of mine who lost his mum in january told me, "it doesn't get better, but it does get easier"...and it has gotten easier.

didn't really have goals last week, but i did kick a modicum of arse at a race on saturday; finally broke an hour for a 30k bike (56:32) and went under 2hrs for a 750m/30k/7.5k tri (1:57:23). was racing for my dad, so it meant quite a bit to be able to take 10mins off my time from the same course 2yrs ago.

this week's goals:
- swim x 3
- bike x 2
- run x 4
- core/strength x 2 (done)

between work & the visitaton monday, memorial on tuesday and my in-laws visiting from calgary, i've only managed to get 1 x 30min run and 2 strength sessions done this week, but a bit of normalcy will return today through the end of the week.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Actually today it finally feels like the week can begin, er end. My grandmother passed suddenly early Tuesday morning, and I was scheduled to be off work all week at lean training, so my sked went completely to hell. Not just the sked but I had ZERO motivation to do anything beyond a slow walk with the dog maybe twice. Sleeping a lot, brain in a fog, no desire to do anything except hold my breath and be a ball of tension. Lots of trying to take care of my mom & aunt, and helping them with the arrangements, and going through all Oma's things. Nothing like what Misstress K's been dealing with but it takes a lot out of you.

Today I finally got in a nice 70min run with the dog, some quiet time, and I am finally feeling like I can exhale.

My company has basically told me I can take all of next week off (Mon is an off day already in lieu of the stat) so I may or may not - I haven't decided. Either way, I feel like I am ready to swim/ride/run again. No goals for the week, just unstructured ~1hr/day kind of thing.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 25/26 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about your grandmother.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to hear this andy - misery doesn't really love company. take the time you need to process and find a headspace you can live in; i'll be thinking of you.

-k
--

Quote | Reply
Thanks gals. How are you doing BTW?

A

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doing ok - last thursday was the first time i went a whole day without getting all weepy, and i've only had a couple of wobbly-chin moments since. happy to have my life back now that my in-laws are gone home to calgary; 8 days was a bit much even for tanker, who ended up getting a little snippy over the weekend as a result of being heartily sick of having them around. that source of stress is gone now, though, and we finally had time to get things put away so we're no longer living out of garbage bags and laundry baskets. can get back to eating better, too - there have been far too many restaurant meals lately, plus too much red meat since bbqing was easiest when we were cooking for 4.

next week is taper week, so i might even finally start getting some sleep. i do find i tire more easily at the moment than i'm accustomed to, but part of that may also be the poorer nutrition. need to go see my mum tonight - it's been since friday and while she understands we've been tied up, i know she'll be happy to have some company.

cheers!

-k
--