Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pregnant Wife
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies

Sorry to hijack your forum, but I need some help finding a Mother's Day gift for my pregnant wife. She will be 13 weeks by then.

Any help would be awesome. I really want to make her feel appreciated for carrying our child!

Thanks!
Last edited by: hammonjj: Apr 30, 12 18:50
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Wife [hammonjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hookers and blow.

JK, I have no idea. What does she like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flowers

Depends on what she likes....perhaps something sentimental, jewelry, card with your thoughts about her becoming a mother; they have some pretty cool things now to remember pregnancy...belly casting, photo session when she is farther along if she is comfortable with that, pregnancy journal.

More practical: Gift certificate for massage, if she cycles Terry has some maternity cycling shorts and jerseys

Given that you have thought of this and posted here, I think you can come up with something sentimental that would be special for her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time at a spa or a massage is never a bad choice. Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!!! How has she been feeling?

If she has back aches, a prenatal massage. Most places do them after 13 weeks.
Cravings-- maybe some craving coupons where you get her what she wants/anytime of day/no questions asked.
Nauseated-- I can't help you there but zofran can help her.
Tired-- nap coupons. Loved these!
Flowers are always good unless she doesn't like them-- like me.

Depends on what she likes. For example, some women like gifts when there babies are born. For me, my baby was gift enough! Be creative. It's all good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the best Mother's Day gifts I ever got was my new bike, but that isn't really realistic, soooooo

I have used and enjoyed spa visits and she will be feeling good during the summer and might want some nice maternity things....so gift certificates to a nice shop?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest jewelry. Something that has some meaning to her becoming a mother. It could be a charm bracelet (Pandora is very popular now) w/ a charm that she'll always remember - and she can add more charms for other occasions. You can get a ring or pendant w/ baby's birth stone. I'm sure there's lots of other ideas. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to go wrong with jewelry or flowers.

If she doesn't have one, a camera to capture photos of the little one growing up. A nice album to record her pregnancy.

A kindle or e-reader is nice if she doesn't have one. I read a lot when I was pregnant, just didn't have as much to do, so I read a lot of books.

Or, a really nice & stylish diaper bag (Coach, Kate Spade, etc), depending if she's into bags :)
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Wife [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
Hookers and blow.

Done!

Actually, not.

I was just about to post in here something similar, although my wife & I are now just shy of four months, postpartum. As she is keen on neither flowers nor jewelry (serves me right for marrying a "practical" girl), and she has yet to begin using the trainer sessions I bought for her at our gym, I was at a total loss. Because my wife is still nursing, an uninterrupted night's sleep at a hotel/spa is not a possibility, so I might try to find just the spa option.

Thank you, though, for the suggestions, and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. :)

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Wife [off242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some good friends got me a massage to use after my 1st was born and it was AMAZING. Was an hour, not far from home, so I could nurse, go, come back, have 3 hours to myself before the booby monster was back to work! Did I say it was AMAZING? I'd say go for it. She can schedule it when you can watch the baby for the time she is gone...

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply