Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lymphoma in cats [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much, Jen, for your quick reply!

I have been in touch with the vet technician who took care of my cat Ceili (pronounced Kaylee) when she had i131 therapy (for hyperthyroidism), and that vet tech is working to get me a consult with the oncologist on staff at that same hospital. The hospital where my cat is now has started her on Prednisone, and I will continue that when I bring her home today. We haven't had a biopsy done yet for Ceili is very fragile and they are hoping that she can be stabilized first.

Thank you so much for the summary of treatment. And thanks for the tip on the antacid. That is so helpful! I am so grateful you took the time to post so quickly. I am so happy for you and Olive. We will see how Ceili does, however I am just so happy to hear your good news story. It gives me some hope at a very dark time.

Jo-Anne

I am
Quote Reply
Re: Lymphoma in cats [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time for the annual Olive check-in. This month she turns 15. I celebrate it at random days because I don't know exactly when she was born just that it was some time in September 2000.

She is doing great. She's on thyroid meds but otherwise she's doing well. It's time for her quarterly blood work which is always traumatic for everyone including the vet techs.

3.5 years post lymphoma dx and she's still kicking ass and taking names.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a moment of dread seeing the email update after so long, but this is awesome! Go Olive! Good luck on the blood work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go Olive! Posts like this makes my day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome, Jen! Glad Olive is still around!

good chance my Belle had lymphoma before she passed away..another cute tabby like your Olive.

Best wishes going forward!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear the good news.

My Kaeti's birthday was also September something since she was from a wild litter that somebody brought into the Vets. Sorry to say we put her down in June. She would have been 18 this month but finally lost her battle after 5 years of fighting intestinal lymphoma. Just got me worked up by thinking of her and how long she hung on, wanting nothing more than to sit on my lap and eat Ben and Jerry's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I have an 11 year greyhound that is approaching 2 years post lymphoma dx. Enjoy each day. Senior pets are the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Lymphoma in cats [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Senior pets are the best.

My daughter would agree.

(Please excuse the dog photo in a cat thread.)

Congrats to Olive!

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Sep 3, 15 15:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awww she's such a cutie pie. Glad to hear she's doing well. :)

Meow.
Quote Reply
Re: Lymphoma in cats [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm resurrecting yet another old thread of mine but this time it's for a sad reason.

Olive said goodbye back in May. She had been doing well, slowing down but she was over 16 years old. I noticed her stumble a few times then a week later it escalated to the point where she went from that to not being able to stand up in 3 days. It was so quick and I'm thankful for that. I'm also thankful that I have no question about whether or not it was the right time. I didn't wait too long and she made it very clear she was done.

It was heartbreaking, of course. I decided that I needed four legged friends in my house so now I'm fostering kittens! I had a group of 4 the week after Olive died. I had them for a month then the went back to the shelter for adoption. It was too quiet around here so I got two more to keep me company. They have been awesome. Exactly what I needed. I have a long trip coming up so I wanted to wait until adopting another feline but I'll made a decision when I get back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about Olive. Don't know that I could do the short term foster thing. Cat or dog, giving them back to the shelter would be tough.

Mine is doing well, considering. Various health problems since I picked him up at the humane society, had all his teeth removed, has had recurring bladder stones, but he just trucks along.

He's almost 9 now. I wonder how he'll do as he gets older. If I ever get a travel visa, he'll be coming to Moscow with me, so he'll be well travelled.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Lymphoma in cats [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the trade off to giving foster pets back is generally only being exposed to the good bits. That and knowing that for a period of time you've brought that animal some real joy - though who knows what sort of impact this has on the animal itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sad, but amazing story given the timeline. Those new kittens look like a handful! There will be mischief.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We lost two to lymphoma, as well.
My wife would lose her nut if any of the current three would cuddle like that.
You are a good person.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply

Prev Next