Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part!
Quote | Reply
I had to drive to O'hare this AM...could have made it in an hour and spent about 1/8th of a tank of gas...instead I drive normal there (had the wife brake in the car) and did 130-150 for quite a bit of the return trip. Had the 720cc injectors pouring gas like a fire hose, 15lbs boost most of the time during getting up to speed....and it felt great...

The moral of the story is - burning gas is fun! To hell with MPG...I wanna have fun! And anyone who even likes NASCAR has no right to bitch about pollution nor the waste gasoline cars produce....

God I love going fast.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of car do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently a fast one
Quote Reply
Re: Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part! [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently one that can go 130-150 through Chicago area traffic. In other words, a magic car.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6am heading west - once you get to Elgin no one is out there...they are all heading east as I go west.

Quote Reply
Re: Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of car do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Destroy the Environment and pay to much for gas - doing my part! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one - only since this photo I added a Tein Pillow Mount Suspension and front and rear strut tower braces, car is about 3.5" lower now. I wont go into what is all in the engine.

Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Apr 29, 05 13:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The engine is all I care about...looks don't mean a thing if it doesn't have an engine that can back it up.

I've rebuilt cars...Mustangs, T-birds, etc...humor me. I'm tired of talking about church and McDonalds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stock Short Block 3.0ltr

Twin Turbo - not stock (they are my secret weapon)

GT Pro Hard Pipe kit - stock intercoolers

Blitz BOV

720cc Injectors - NGK plugs - some fancy wires, cant remember the brand

Desno High Capacity Fuel pump (Supra pump really)

Blitz SBC iD Dual Solenoid boost Controller

Apexi SAFC-II Fuel Controller - Wide Band O2 Sensors

Tein suspension

Custom rear control arms (for proper caber after the drop)

Michelin Pilot XGTZ4 tires (had SO2's, they wore out WAY to fast)

Brembo Cryo Treated - Zinc Coated Cross drilled 14" front 12" rear rotors

EBC Front Pads - Stillen Metal Matrix Rear Pads

Goodrich SS Brake Lines - Motul 600 fluid

SBC DXD Clutch

Greddy Exhaust, no Cats or Pre Cats straight pipe (Not only will I smoke you, I will SMOKE SCREEN you)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice...what kind of transmission? Did you change out the differential? What's the ratio on it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stock 6 speed, All Wheel Drive, all wheel steering - all stock

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats the stock car? Year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going fast on the track is great. Going fast on public roads is risky. Even 'empty' roads can have strange debris, drunk motorists, wayward pedestrians, stray animals, liquids of various types, etc. not to mention police.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The engine is all I care about...looks don't mean a thing if it doesn't have an engine that can back it up.

I've rebuilt cars...Mustangs, T-birds, etc...humor me. I'm tired of talking about church and McDonalds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Welcome, New Brian. I like this Brian, Showing a more complete and well rounded side of you.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have to admit, I can't get too excited about the new cars on the road with their small blocks and fuel injection but I respect the folks who get into the high tech aspect of fuel injection, chip sets and electronic fuel controllers. They can really get some speed out of those smaller blocks.

I'm more "old school" and a fan of the big blocks. One of the greatest projects I've worked on was a 64' Ford Thunderbird convertible with a 390 engine. Add to the list a more mundane 74 Chevy Suburban with a 454. That engine is huge. We bored it out a bit due to some gouges in the cylinder chamber and popped in a 4 barrel carb. Installed a higher performance cam and that thing could roll for its size. A massive tank that maybe got 10 mpg on the highway but could pull a 25ft camper, comfortably seat 8 people and their gear and truck up Loveland Pass in the fast lane.
Quote Reply