Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home.
Quote | Reply
This is my friend's dog. He move to an apartment and can not no longer keep the dog. The dog is a male Golden Retriever 1.5 yrs old, friendly and playful. The dog is currently in Southern California (Northern Orange County). Let me know if anyone is interested. My email is gsxrawd@sbcglobal.net

Jack
Last edited by: gsxrawd: Apr 27, 05 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [gsxrawd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you serious?
Why is he moving to an apartment? How come he's willing to give up his dog so easily? Why did he get a dog in the first place?
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [haris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b/c the girl he was trying to date told him it was "cute" or he's heard it would help him "score chicks" (or possibly he's shallow, self-centered dumbass)

tell him to go to a rescue site like http://www.golden-rescue.org/ - a responsible owner may take over

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"b/c the girl he was trying to date told him it was "cute" or he's heard it would help him "score chicks" (or possibly he's shallow, self-centered dumbass)"

Or maybe because he had a setback in his life and has lost some finanical means, and can no longer afford the house. Granted perhaps you could be right, but why do we automatically assume the worst?

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guess I was playing the "Jump to Conclusions" game - perhaps b/c I've seen it happen many times that way

either way, suggestion on finding the local breed rescue site still stands - in my experience the people who run those are saints that go out of their way to ensure the dog ends up in the appropriate home

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you for trying to help out. If all else fails I second (or third) contacting a rescue organization. We adopted one of our labs from the local lab rescue and I was very impressed by everyone involved. Someone connected to the organization drove from Northern Virginia to North Carolina at the final hour to save our dog from being euthanized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 acres in IL, and would love the dog...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, jumping to conclusions may have been wrong but the point still stands. Many people take on animals (and children for that matter!) with barely a shred of thought and with the attitude that they can just give them up. Well as someone who has spent time working in a large shelter I can tell you this is a huge problem to the tune of 3 to 4 Million animals a year. I am thankful he is taking the time to find a home, but many people don't or give up only to take it to the shelter, or worse, just let it go to die of starvation or be hit by a car.

I just wish people would keep in mind that there are people killing unwanted dogs and cats all day every day because someone can't make a wise decision. I would never give up my dogs, period.
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much would it cost to get the dog to you. I'd be willing to kick in a few bucks if necessary to make it happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the status of the dog? Please keep updating here.
Quote Reply
Re: 1.5 yr old Golden Retriever needs a good home. [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you to all. I have found the dog a home locally.

Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job, I'm glad it worked out for everyone.
Quote Reply