Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What does one say?
Quote | Reply
I hope my life doesn't get any more twisted. I also have no idea why I am posting this except I know I can't tell anyone I know.

As most of you know due to my recent rants, I have a big day tomorrow. My fiancees best friend flew in from Phoenix this afternoon and she is staying at our house this weekend. This morning, my other half was working at like warp 10 to clean the house and do a billion other things to make the house 'perfect'. Anyway, she notices a burned out light in our foyer chandelier, and I promise to replace it before her friend gets here.

Fast forward a few hours later. She goes to the aiport to pick up her friend, I go to the pool for my swim. I get home to an empty house and assume they are out shopping (or whatever it is girls do). I get undressed, start my shower, and remember that I never changed that light. I grab the ladder, get a bulb and climb up a few rungs to reach it. When the front door opens. It's the friend. I'm naked and three steps up the ladder and ummm....well, I'm 'eye level' with her. I almost fall off the ladder. She almost falls out of the door.

At least I'm going out drinking tonight...
Quote Reply
Re: What does one say? [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're an idiot! But that is the funniest thing i have ever read!

I assume you are from St Louis. I wish I had visited you when I was out there the weekend of the marathon and half (which I ran).

Great post!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just be glad it wasn't an open water swim and you weren't suffering from shrinkage.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: What does one say? [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was your run? I was thinking about that marathon and I was wondering how your stay in St Louis went. Did you take any of us up on places to go and things to do? If I remember you had great weather that weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice to see something funny on the Lavender Room for once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great visit.

Great half marathon. Hillier than I expected. I thought StL was going to be like a pancake. I really liked the course, except for running through the brewery - that cool smell during the day is pretty gross in the morning.

Site-seeing - Did the arch, amazing! Touched the Mississippi, that was cool. Did the brewery, that was cool. Went to the zoo, pretty cool. Had Ted Drewes concrete - that was awesome!!! Best Ice cream I have ever had. Had a pretzle dog at... can't remember the name, it was near the brewery, some corener pretzle-dog place. I really enjoyed that.

I did not get to any of the gentlemens establishments, but shared teh names with by brother in law there, and he gave thumbs-up to the choices.

Stl, cool city!

EDIT: Whitecastles, I had 4 Whitecastles.... yuch.
Last edited by: OCTriGeek: Apr 22, 05 16:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Id like to quote the immortal bard Tom Demerly and say
'that's huge'
but that would be purely speculation on my part..it sure was funny though (more so because it didn't happen to me)
Quote Reply
Re: What does one say? [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ewwwww....you're a braver man than I am! I don't even think that's meat in those burgers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hope my life doesn't get any more twisted. I also have no idea why I am posting this except I know I can't tell anyone I know.

As most of you know due to my recent rants, I have a big day tomorrow. My fiancees best friend flew in from Phoenix this afternoon and she is staying at our house this weekend. This morning, my other half was working at like warp 10 to clean the house and do a billion other things to make the house 'perfect'. Anyway, she notices a burned out light in our foyer chandelier, and I promise to replace it before her friend gets here.

Fast forward a few hours later. She goes to the aiport to pick up her friend, I go to the pool for my swim. I get home to an empty house and assume they are out shopping (or whatever it is girls do). I get undressed, start my shower, and remember that I never changed that light. I grab the ladder, get a bulb and climb up a few rungs to reach it. When the front door opens. It's the friend. I'm naked and three steps up the ladder and ummm....well, I'm 'eye level' with her. I almost fall off the ladder. She almost falls out of the door.

At least I'm going out drinking tonight...

How many triathletes does it take to change a light bulb???

One as long as they are naked !!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What does one say? [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah....

And the rest of the night wasn't at all awkward...except for that everytime they would enter a room I was in my gf would stick her head in first and yell "CLEAR" like in the cop movies.
Quote Reply