Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help! Women's Ironman Survey
Quote | Reply
We are researchers with the University of Louisville, studying female Ironman participants and how they balance Ironman participation with family and work responsibilities. Are you a 1) a female 18 years or older who 2) has participated in one or more Ironman events and 3) has insights about managing Ironman, work, and family commitments? If so, we would like to hear from you. Please take ten minutes to complete a survey at http://tinyurl.com/72x4sjo or contact me for more information.

Thank you so much for your consideration!
Quote Reply
Re: Please help! Women's Ironman Survey [quinny922] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to help out, but I started taking the survey and had a few questions. I thought they might apply to more people here, so I posted this instead of PM you.

How do you define "family" in this survey?

If I am single adult, is "family" my mom and dad and adult siblings? Those people have extremely little effect (actually none) on my decision to do ironman events, whereas my answers would be completely different if I had little children.

Therefore, if I complete this study I will bias your results.

Based on the objectives you listed, someone like me should not be a subject in this study.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help! Women's Ironman Survey [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We define 'family' very loosely, as in the closest people to you in your life. This could include your nuclear family, extended family, boyfriend/girlfriend, close friends, or whomever you would consider family.

We hope to get responses from all types of women (single, married, married with children, etc.) and then analyze differences in demographics and responses after we have collected data.

Thank you for your question - and I hope this clarification helps!! Let me know if you have any more!
Quote Reply
Re: Please help! Women's Ironman Survey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much to everyone who has participated in our study. If you would like to participate, please click the link below. We will continue to collect additional surveys for the next five days. Thanks!

---

We are researchers with the University of Louisville, studying female Ironman participants and how they balance Ironman participation with family and work responsibilities. Are you a 1) a female 18 years or older who 2) has participated in one or more Ironman events and 3) has insights about managing Ironman, work, and family commitments? If so, we would like to hear from you. Please take ten minutes to complete a survey at http://tinyurl.com/72x4sjo or contact me for more information.

Thank you so much for your consideration!

Quote Reply
Re: Please help! Women's Ironman Survey [mehambrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Please help! Women's Ironman Survey [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply