Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sorry to Brian
Quote | Reply
I did not mean for the change your name post to be taken the way it was bt the ST folks. What I said was my honest thoughts, I think that is great that any person has such a devout belief in their religion and god. I did not at all intend for it to be a bash the catholic post...the fact that it turned into that means to me that #1 many people on ST are very blinded by their own dogmatic thoughts, and #2, we all need to learn a bit more about faith in something...anything,.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry to Brian [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped reading that thread about 10 posts into it...Talk about a hijack.

I'm not as hard line a Catholic as you may think. There are issues I don't agree with the Vatican on...However, I believe in the basic tenets that the church espouses. Disagreement with issues does not mean one cannot participate.

There are many big issues the Catholic Church needs to address. There are also many serious misconceptions about the church that people need to be educated about. In fact, many of those issues are not foreign to just the Catholic Church. There are many other churches that have very similar stances on the very issues that we've discussed.

I think the church needs to look at priests and nuns being able to marry. They ought to take a look at their stance on birth control. Giving the lay people more say on local issues instead of always going to the Vatican. As I've said before, as long as the church continues to revisit, listen and be open to these issues I'm fine with it...these are all ancilliary issues that don't really change the Catholic catechism.

I would be as vocal as I've been about Judaism if I were Jewish and the same if I were any religion. I will not stand by and allow misconceptions and hatred spread and will do my best to challenge and educate those who don't understand doctrine. By no means is my challenge to others an attempt to convert or push my will on others. It is merely an attempt to set the record straight.

Catholicism is a religion. Just like any other. It is not mandatory. When it comes to religion I am very tolerant of others beliefs. Others should afford the same courtesy. While discussion about religion can become very heated in the end the goal should be mutual understanding and respect.

What I found most disturbing are the cheap shots and petty words about the recent death of John Paul II and the newly elected Benedict XVI. A man who has devoted his life to the teachings of Christ is chastised for doing so...that to me is sickening and disheartening no matter what your faith is....

Thanks for the apology but it wasn't needed. This is a forum of free thinking and free words. Nothing more...nothing less. I don't lose sleep over what is said here but I do consider it a valuable place to share thoughts and ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry to Brian [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"There are many big issues the Catholic Church needs to address. ....
I think the church needs to look at priests and nuns being able to marry. They ought to take a look at their stance on birth control. "

Holy Shit!! You're a normal person after all. Glad to hear it.

You're even a cafeteria Catholic. :)
Quote Reply