Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame sizing issues?
Quote | Reply
hey guys---i have a question. I currently ride a 61cm 700c tri bike, would it matter if i rode a 58cm 700c bike? Wouldnt just raising the seatpost 3cm, make up for that difference? Or is more complicated than that? I know its a tough question considering you cant see me or measure me or anything. I'm 6'2".

Any help would be great

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Frame sizing issues? [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumbing it down a bit: If you go with the shorter frame, all else being equal, you'll just be pulling the front end back to you. On a Cervelo or similar bike, with its short seat stays you can get away with this somewhat. On other bikes you'll likely find that your center of gravity has shifted too far forward with respect to the front wheel. Your back end will be light and tend to jump out. Its slightly more complicated than this, but the net effect is there.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame sizing issues? [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using the LeMond formula of multiplying the inseam by .883 I should ride a 54 cm frame. I have an old classic steel bike with a 58 cm frame that fits me perfectly. This is because the top tube is the same length as on my other bike that is a 54 cm frame. I have never considered the seat tube measurement as being as significant as the top tube.
Quote Reply