Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Kanipupski
Re: Can a former member of the Hitlerjugend and Wehrmacht become pope ? [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now thats just silly. He was a child when he was drafted into the Hitler Youth. Every male child in Germant was drafted, the ones that refused are all dead.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Can a former member of the Hitlerjugend and Wehrmacht become pope ? [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got reservations about this pope but not over this. The Hitler Youth was more or less like the boy scouts of today except for the political indictrination. Virtually every kid in pre war Germany was a member. It was in the schools and was compulsary for kids. It's not anything like having joined the SS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every kid in Germany was a member of Hitler Youth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every kid was in the Hitler youth.

In fact, this Pope deserted the German Army as a helper and risked getting shot for doing so. He was held in an American POW camp.

I hardly think that's "weak".
Quote Reply
Re: Can a former member of the Hitlerjugend and Wehrmacht become pope ? [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK.

I read it in an article this morning, and couldn't believe it. They didn't mention that he deserted, either. The article only said that he served in a Wehrmacht pantserdivision when he was 18.

Ban the press !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
he served in a Wehrmacht pantserdivision when he was 18
Is that the squad that would sneak up on the Allied infantry and pull down their trousers?