Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Want my Hoka shoes?
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of lightly used women's Bondi in size 7w that I don't wear anymore (they are slightly too small, I run in a 7.5)
I am happy to mail them to anyone who'd like them, no strings attached (literally - I poached the laces for other shoes!)
Send me a message if you'd like them or need more info.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Want my Hoka shoes? [SMO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do they fit compared to say a Mizuno Wave Runner? Similar or smaller or larger? I'm totally interested in trying these shoes, I currently wear a 7.5 in Mizunos. Thanks! AP

EDIT: seems they run small, so thx but no thanks - too bad - I really wanted to try these! AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Jan 19, 12 15:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there- I don't want your hoka shoes, because they wouldn't fit me... but I am interested in what you thought of them-

What kind of terrain did you run on, what kind of mileage, how did they feel? What other shoes do you run in, which do you like better, worse?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested. I'll PM you.
Quote Reply
Re: Want my Hoka shoes? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right - they fit small, about a 1/2 size. Too bad!
Quote Reply
Re: Want my Hoka shoes? [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do like them. The only reason I am getting rid of these is that they are too small.
I run on lots of varied terrain in them, including technical BC trails. I've done a 1/2 iron in them and a few road 1/2 marathons. I alternate between these and Saucony ProGrids.
I do find they tend to save me some leg fatigue, but some will find them to be an "acquired taste" - they take some getting used to and so do the funny looks you get!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instigator's been around longer than me, so she should get them first. However, if she doesn't want them, I measure under a 6 and run in 7's so I would definitely give them a good home.

Post again if Instigator turns them down...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Want my Hoka shoes? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on the size-fence with the shoes since I usually wear a 6.5 or 7 in running shoes depending on the brand. So you may be a better fit. Why don't you try them and if they are to big, you can pass them on to me.

I am so conflicted when it comes to the Hokas. I like the idea of them as I see the benefit of the cushion on my super long runs when training for ultras. But I also like the idea of minimal (well really zero-drop) shoes. I just did a ton of filming with nothing more than changing shoes (normal shoes, brooks pure projects (4mm drop), zero drop with cushion and barefoot) and I couldn't believe the small changes in my run form just based on what shoe I was wearing. Maybe I just need every shoe out there :)
Quote Reply
Re: Want my Hoka shoes? [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you know the hokas are zero (or very tiny, like <5mm) drop, right?

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
You've got a deal; many thanks!

I promise to post my results with the shoes on this thread as well. In my new Las Vegas home, I am literally at the base of a mountain and beside a street on the edge of town. The only place I need fat is where I don't have enough (fat pads on the bottom of my feet) so I am very interested to see how Hokas feel.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Want my Hoka shoes? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hokas are around a 4mm similar to my pure projects, mirages, and kinvava but I have been playing a bit in a true zero drop but cushioned shoe (altra) and may be leaning towards this for certain runs. The move to less drop seems to be the growing trend. Three of saucony's updates (glide, triumph, and hurricane) will have a 8mm drop instead of the usual 11/12mm.

What worries me about the hokas is the huge amount of cushion on super technical trails (while the cushion is the huge plus of these shoes). Yes, the cushion does mold around rocks of certain sizes but once they to to certain size, the cushion can't mold and can cause you to more bounce off of the obstacle in a weird way. I have had a couple of friends take horrible spills as the height of the shoes cause their ankles to twist in weird ways that might not have happened in a lower profile shoe. Yet some of them still swear by them even after suffering from broken bones. All the reason why I would be interested in giving them some time to see how they actually work for me. Their price has been the huge deterrent to me actually purchasing a pair and not just testing them at stores.

edited to add - i spend way to much time thinking about running shoes.
Last edited by: instigator: Jan 20, 12 8:35
Quote Reply