Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I am buying a P5X and I wanted to know whether custom aerobar options exist for this bike ?
It looks like it's not the "ex10 mono post".
Is it possible to adapt the EX10 on the P5X ?
Or is the original P5X RISER POST compatible with custom aerobars made for the EX10 mono post ?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

As of a couple of weeks ago, I'm a proud owner of a 2012 Cervelo P5 Six. However, in those couple of weeks, I have also become a frustrated owner of a 2012 Cervelo P5 Six.

My current grudge is against the Magura brakes. The bike has been in storage for some time and generally looked after quite well, but the rear brake was stuck. Long story short, troubleshooting revealed that one of the pivot shoulder bolts the brake arm rotates about was cracked and needs replacing, otherwise the brake is not functional.

I have tried to find out what kind of bolt it is and it looks really, really exotic. It's really light (so probably aluminium?) and has some highly atypical dimensions. As far as I can measure, the shoulder diamter is 7mm, shoulder length is 20mm, and the thread is 6mm and the thread length is 10mm. Now, the truly exotic dimension is the 7mm shoulder. I've searched the Internet far and wide, and they only exist in either 6mm or 8mm. In imperial, the closest size would be 9/32 inch, but then the shoulder and thread lengths of 20mm and 10mm respecitvely, look suspiciously metric.

I have highlighted the bolt in question on the picture attached. I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me to either a specification of what bolt it is, or, even better, where I can purchase one.

Thanks!

Edit: the picture is not displaying correctly - sorry! Here's a link instead: https://imgur.com/a/hamifEn
Last edited by: PZulawski: Mar 2, 23 15:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tripot wrote:
Hi,
I am buying a P5X and I wanted to know whether custom aerobar options exist for this bike ?
It looks like it's not the "ex10 mono post".
Is it possible to adapt the EX10 on the P5X ?
Or is the original P5X RISER POST compatible with custom aerobars made for the EX10 mono post ?
Thanks
The answer to all your questions is effectively ā€œnoā€.

If you find a very high end custom foamy they can likely mold extensions onto the P5x riser, but it is distinctly different from the EX10/11, and theyā€™re not interchangeable. I had a P5x and wondered the same, Cervelo customer service informed me so.

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your answer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody.. any idea when we will see the P5d replacement?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guillermoD wrote:

Given the pandemic, the fact the current bike only launched in 2019, the reduction of ttā€™s in grand tours and the typical product life of tt bikes, Iā€™d guess youā€™re years away.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [PZulawski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that's a unicorn. I checked my spare RT6 and can confirm the thread is M6x1.0. If I was in your predicament I would get a bolt with a 6mm shoulder and make a sleeve out of a 7mm OD 0.45mm wall brass tube. Your RT8 used alu bolts, but the RT6 used steel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P5 Six, I love the bike apaet from the Magura brakes!!! They have got work and teh rear brake has a leak somewhere. It needs bleeding so often.
I see my options are
  1. Regualrly bleed them - this is not ideal!!!
  2. Swap them for mechanical brakes - either the TriRig Omega or TRP - are there any other options?
  3. Try to fix the Magura's - It seems the leak is internal rather than from the hose. Has anyine fixed a leaking lever with any joy?

These brakes really are a pain

Has anyone swapped out these brakes ? Which ones fit besr and work best?
Any advice or tips is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [IMF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi, Iā€™ve just bought a P5-six frameset for a very reasonable price, non UCI-legal fork, the black and yellow color scheme.
So Iā€˜im looking forward to start grabbing parts and building a nice rig.

Fortunately I own a pair of omega X brake that I could re-use as it seems to be the only alternative to the maguras.

I need some advice and guidance for the following

-Do you know where I can pick up the front brake cover and the top fairing?

-Is the tririg delta cover suitable to fit the bike if I am not able to source the original magura cover?
-Where can I find all the spacers for the stem?

-Maybe have you heard of some Cie doing some 3D printing for fairings, bentoā€¦

-What kind of stem/basebar would you advice me to put on? The original aduro 3T, tririg alpha one/X seem to be 2 good options but a bit pricey. Any alternative with some adjustability would be appreciated?

Thx for your help
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
guillermoD wrote:

Given the pandemic, the fact the current bike only launched in 2019, the reduction of ttā€™s in grand tours and the typical product life of tt bikes, Iā€™d guess youā€™re years away.

Just to correct myself, Iā€™ve now heard from two different sources that a new bike is due mid 2024.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need a little help with my 2014 P5 Six. I've recently struggled to keep the chain out of the front derailleur (rubbing on most grears) so I took it in to my LBS. They say the drivetrain is not aligned and that I need a new rear derailleur hanger. This problem is it's new. I'm not aware of any unusual stress that would have caused this. Regardless, here I am.

Can you even change the hanger on a P5? It's carbon and a part of the frame I believe. They are going to call Cervelo for input but they are not optimistic and think the frame may be toast.

Thanks for any feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Alex M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, non replaceable rear derailleur hanger on those frames. They didn't mean the *front* hanger by any chance, did they?

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. They're saying rear, unfortunately. Thanks for your response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is your *rear* shifting?

Derailleur hanger alignment can definitely impact front shifting, but it's pretty rare that it does so without also impacting the rear shifting.

Are you working with a shop that has significant experience with bikes like this?

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alex M wrote:
I need a little help with my 2014 P5 Six. I've recently struggled to keep the chain out of the front derailleur (rubbing on most grears) so I took it in to my LBS. They say the drivetrain is not aligned and that I need a new rear derailleur hanger. This problem is it's new. I'm not aware of any unusual stress that would have caused this. Regardless, here I am.

Can you even change the hanger on a P5? It's carbon and a part of the frame I believe. They are going to call Cervelo for input but they are not optimistic and think the frame may be toast.

Thanks for any feedback.

It's not carbon. It's just part of the same aluminium casting as the dropout. It is not replaceable, but there shouldn't be any reason it can't be aligned with the proper tool if it's a slight misalignment.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks you guys for the responses. They just called saying it's an issue of not having the rear wheel seated properly. I'm the second owner of the bike. Maybe there are special instructions that I missed about getting the wheel in the dropouts, but the shop said the drivetrain is aligned with the wheel in the right place.

You asked if they have experience with this type of bike. While they're what I'd call a competent shop, they work mostly on mtn bikes. I'm sure they're a bit out of their league with this but they're much more skilled than me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of BB do you use on your P5 with a GXP crankset?
I'm struggling having a proper fit. It's either to tight or to loose even with some shims and/or wave washer.
Should I go with rotor or a specific brand of BB?

Dzero carbon gxp crankset, ceramic speed BB
Quote Reply

Prev Next