Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stress [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious about your caffeine intake. do you try to avoid it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Stress [marcia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have caffeinated coffee in the AM before I workout out, and then I try to avoid it unless I am reeeeeeaaaalllly tired.
Caffeine and sugar (separately or together) are anxiety triggers.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting. the only reason that I was asking is that coffee has really helped me out when tired/stressed in the afternoons at work.

That being said I did read somewhere that having an apple with a glass of water actually energizes you more than a cup of coffee. Anyhow good luck thru this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may sound pretty lame (it is old), but I'd strongly recommend reading this:
http://www.amazon.com/...Living/dp/0671733354
I come from a long line of high-stress worriers and have inclinations in that
direction. This gave me a bunch of coping mechanisms that have helped
over the years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[ The campus job hasn't really been explained well to me. I have been thrown into the middle of a project. I am working on obtaining clearer directions and expectations, but right now I feel stressed over needing to log hours but I am not sure what to do to fill those hours. ]
I understand you an feel stressed in that condition but rest assure in a lot of cases this what you get when you are thrown into the middle of a project. At least you are trying to "get clearer directions and expectations" which is good for you.

[The campus job requires some evenings and that's a very hard time of day for me. I get up super early to work out; I need that time in my day, but it means by evening I am exhausted.]
Well maybe you need to re-evaluate this and maybe just for this semester have to make some "tough choices" and when you need to work evenings to not wake up super early.

[So many things to juggle.]
Welcome to the real world. Not trying to win a pissing contest here, but we all have to juggle things and sometimes we can easily manage them and sometimes it looks like we have to climb the Everest (well K2 since apparently it is harder than Everest).
You should try the Pomodoro technique/idea (i.e. focus on 1 thing @ a time for a certain amount of time and cross it, then take a break)

Fred.
Quote Reply

Prev Next