Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Goggle marks [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SSP, what model of the Barracudas do you use?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've worn the standard for years, but recently, I've switched to the B300.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [Purple1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Searching for a solution to this same problem, I finally found some goggles I'm pretty happy with: the Aquasphere Seal XP. They have a larger rubber seal that goes lower on my face, and not right in the wrinkly socket area. Yes, they are a bit bigger than most goggles, and I'm sure they look a little silly, but it's worth it to me to prevent all the bags and wrinkles possible.

PS I'm not sure fillers or botox is the way to go-- fillers may help eliminate wrinkles in the under eye area, but could actually contribute to puffy bags. Try a cream with glycolic acid or something similar instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [alaina1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too exactly. I've accepted it as a fact of life!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered a pair of the Barracuda's (arrived this week) and tried them for the first time yesterday. While they don't exactly look sleek, they definitely stop the goggle eyes. Thanks girls!
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update: My Zoggs Predator Flex arrived recently, and I took it to the pool yesterday. I tried them on at home, big lenses, but decided to try them at the pool. As I stood there at poolside, I stretched the goggles to fit over my head and... they broke.

The "flexible" nose piece snapped right off before the goggles even touched the water! I was in shock.

And now for the lengthy return process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know which model of Barracuda goggles you use? I am 52 and have just noticed that my raccoon eyes are much worse that they used to be...
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [sllibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sllibre wrote:
Do you know which model of Barracuda goggles you use? I am 52 and have just noticed that my raccoon eyes are much worse that they used to be...

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2258&Click=310393&gclid=CPC2g-7FvK4CFWcbQgodY25wOg

This is the model that I have worn for years. It is much smaller than the B300 model (which is more stream-lined, but is fitted for people over 6'). Again, not aesthetically what I'd like, but functionally, it doesn't leave marks because the gaskets are HUGE compared to the surface area that they cover.

I hope this helps.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much... I noticed after my post that you said you changed to the B300. Have you decided you like this model better?
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [sllibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The B300 is a much bigger goggle than the standard Barracuda Medalist. As I am only 5'2", it felt like I was being worn by the goggles instead of the other way around. If you are not petite, then the larger goggle may work, but the point of avoiding goggle marks centers around how big is the gasket versus how big is the surface area to be covered?

Since one of the posts, I have gone back to the original Medalist goggle that I have worn for years. What looked good online, ended up being made to fit a Michael Phelps-sized swimmer's head instead of mine :-(

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The difference between the Barracuda models is twofold. Some have foam gaskets (Standard, Medalist, and B300), but others have a typical silicone seal (Ultimate, Hydrobat, etc). The B300's are really wide and I could never seem to get them to fit properly on my smaller face. The Standard and Medalist are the same design, but the Medalist is something like 30% smaller and marketed to women and youth. Sounds like the B300 is not very female friendly =/
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [Purple1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, the old thread revived!

I've been using the Barracuda Medallist. I find them very comfortable. They don't leak (yet) and I've been using them for months now. They do fog up quite early on (within the first five uses). The other beef I have with it is that the straps keep slipping out. I have a rather large head--58 cm (in more ways than one) and I have only 1.5 inches of strap left to hang out from the one side (it is fixed on the other side). So sometimes as I put it on, the strap slips out.

For reference, I have a small face. The Medallist fits very well.

They look pretty geeky, like old fashioned goggles with foam gaskets, but who cares. I don't have raccoon eyes any more! Yay! So despite the shortcomings, I will continue to use it.
Last edited by: karencoutts: Sep 4, 13 17:15
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle marks [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear. I don't really like the Barracuda straps either - they don't seem to have enough "grip" to them to stay in clips. I've been using bungees on mine and it's SO much simpler to tighten and not lose your strap.
http://www.aquagear.com/...bungee-goggle-strap/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mindykfreed [ In reply to ]
Re: Goggle marks [mindykfreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, I'd appreciate any other goggle suggestions from other readers..

Thank you!
Quote Reply

Prev Next