Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Available: Entry Level Chemical Engineer
Quote | Reply
I am a recent swimmer and graduate from the University of Kentucky with a BS in Chemical Engineering and recently earned my triathlon pro card. I am looking for an entry-level chemical engineering position in virtually any area of the field. I am not restricted geographically.

I have strong interpersonal skills and I know how to work well within a team/small group-based structure. I graduated with strong GPA and have a deep understanding of concepts in the field, especially in design, optimization, and heat/mass transfer. I also have excellent time management skills, since I've had to balance a tremendous training loads with a most rigorous academic curriculum. In the same vein, I do not have much real-world experience in the field due to athletics (with the exception of some University-funded research), but I am a quick learner and extremely adaptable. Obviously, I would love to locate someplace with an excellent triathlon training environment, since I would love to continue training and racing at a high level.

Below is my resume. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing employment.

Kevin M. Ryan

660 Berry Lane, Lexington, KY 40502

kevinmichaelryan@gmail.com

OBJECTIVE: To obtain a full-time entry-level chemical engineering position in a large-scale manufacturing facility where my skills as a leader and organizer, as well as my ability to operate in small groups can be used to successfully and efficiently complete projects.

AVAILABLE: January 2012

EDUCATION:
University of Kentucky, B.S. Chemical Engineering (May 2011)
Cumulative GPA: 3.372

COURSEWORK:
· Emphasis on process design and optimization
· Strengths in heat and mass transfer, process modeling
· AspenPlus, MATLAB software
· Microsoft Office

EXPERIENCE:
Researcher, UK Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering (Jan-Aug 2009)
  • Synthesized and optimized new cobalt-ferrite nanoparticle systems for magnetic heating properties. P.I. Dr. J. Zach Hilt, University of Kentucky

Head Coach, Lexington Polo Bear Swim Team, Lexington, KY (Summer 2008-Present)
    · Coached ~50 children between the ages of 4 and 18 proper swimming techniques
    · Wrote and organized daily workouts, created meet line-ups and compiled meet results
    · Coached ~25 swimmers to 2nd Place at 2011 Bluegrass Swim Conference Champs

Sales Representative and Swim Coach, Swim Bike Run of Kentucky (Feb 2010-Present)
    • Give private swim lessons and assist customers with customers with expert advice

ACTIVITIES:
    University of Kentucky Swimming and Diving Team (2006-2010)
    University of Kentucky Swimming and Diving K Club Representative (Aug 2008-Mar 2010)
    USA Triathlon Age Group Worlds Team (Olympic and 70.3) (Aug 2009-2010)
    Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society (Aug 2008-Present)

HONORS AND AWARDS:
    President’s Scholarship- University of Kentucky (2006-2010)
    Legacy Scholarship- University of Kentucky (2006-2010)
    Omega Chi Epsilon Scholarship- University of Kentucky (2007-2010)
    Wahrmund Scholarship- University of Kentucky (2007-2010)
    UK Varsity Swimming and Diving Team Spirit Award (2007, 2010)
    Bucks for Brains Research Grant- University of Kentucky (Summer 2009)
    Wendy’s High School Heisman Award Nominee (2005)

Quote Reply