Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

nose of Ism saddle to wide
Quote | Reply
Ladies for those that have used an ISM saddle and found the nose to wide ( but the rest of the saddle really comfortable which saddle did you finally liked best.

We have tried cable ties to get the nose narrower, with the lady in question, but it doesn't work for her .

And since I am at it how many females find the the nose of Ism saddles should be narrower?
cheers

Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the nose of mine zip-tied which helps enough to make the saddle reasonably comfortable. I tried a handful of other saddles, Cobb V-flow max and plus, which were initially more comfortable but by the end of the ride were awful. But I liked the plus a lot for the first 40 miles or so.

To answer your question, I couldn't find a saddle I liked better, although I would not say I am truly happy with mine either! I do think the nose should be narrower - I know lots of women have theirs zip-tied and that seems to help a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first ISM saddle was the Racing (traditional tri one). I did tie the rails together, although I'm not sure I needed too. It did take me at least 3 weeks to get used to the saddle and I think I thought that maybe the width was the problem.

I currently ride on the Podium with no ties.
Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [bluepoint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluepoint wrote:
My first ISM saddle was the Racing (traditional tri one). I did tie the rails together, although I'm not sure I needed too. It did take me at least 3 weeks to get used to the saddle and I think I thought that maybe the width was the problem.

X2 on the break-in time. I ride the ISM Race for up to 150 miles & love it now. No zip ties ever & I ride the nose in an aggressive aero position.

Maybe check the ISM video to ensure she's properly positioned.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you for all your replies !!!
The saddle is proper positioned and ridden in quite a bit, but even with the zip ties i can see at turbo sessions that the nose is too wide.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a few people who found the nose too wide, but after I showed a couple of them how far up I sit, they realized they weren't sitting up far enough. If you really sit on the very front tip of the saddle (you'll sit bones will eventually get used to it) the width of the nose doesn't matter, because it's all 'behind' you.
Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GhiaGirl wrote:
I know a few people who found the nose too wide, but after I showed a couple of them how far up I sit, they realized they weren't sitting up far enough. If you really sit on the very front tip of the saddle (you'll sit bones will eventually get used to it) the width of the nose doesn't matter, because it's all 'behind' you.

I agree. The front of my pelvis is on the nose of the saddle & my sit bones are up in the air, not touching the saddle at all.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see a WSD ISM saddle that has a narrower and shorter nose. As it is now, I haven't found anything better than an ISM. I will say it took me several months to ride the thing correctly--I kept getting asymmetrical saddle sores--it's the only time I've ever had sores/chafing riding. I still find that if I get lazy with my posture I get hot spots on one side of my thigh crease.

Despite all the hoopla, the nose on the ISM is only a bit shorter than the Terry Ti saddles. For me, it's the cut out the entire length of the nose that makes a difference.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I would love to see a WSD ISM saddle that has a narrower and shorter nose. As it is now, I haven't found anything better than an ISM. I will say it took me several months to ride the thing correctly--I kept getting asymmetrical saddle sores--it's the only time I've ever had sores/chafing riding. I still find that if I get lazy with my posture I get hot spots on one side of my thigh crease.

Despite all the hoopla, the nose on the ISM is only a bit shorter than the Terry Ti saddles. For me, it's the cut out the entire length of the nose that makes a difference.

I share your experience with the asymmetrical saddle sores on my left thigh crease only. It's been going on for several years and I'm at a loss to fix the problem.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the tri version is supposed to be narrower and has a sloping nose so it seems shorter. I know a couple women that like it much better than the racing but i have not tried it yet. i used a pipe clamp to narrow my racing saddle so that it would work.. though I also have the chafing issue usually only on one side and right on the seam even though I have tried a bunch of different shorts.. guess nothing is perfect
Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [snowygrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to dash everyone's hopes, but I've got the new tri version, and that's the one I'm having problems with. And SSP, it's the left thigh crease for me too.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: nose of Ism saddle to wide [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found that I liked the Cobb V-flow saddle because of the narrower nose. I am sure you have tried - but also look at different padding combinations. Once I found the Cobb saddle I can ride IM distances with only a tri suit - cycling shorts are too much padding!

Good luck!