Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways
Quote | Reply
From a pop-up news tidbit

"Hey guys, if you want to impress a lady, get a cat.

Single men who love cats are more likely to get a date. Fully 90 percent of single women surveyed by Cats Protection, a leading animal welfare society in the United Kingdom, said men who like cats are nicer, more caring, and more sensitive than men who don't have cats, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.

The survey also found that 85 percent of men and 94 percent of women do not think it is wimpy or needy for a man to love his cat. Single men and single women equally enjoy "lavishing care" on their kitties.

Men and women think about their cats in very different ways, though. When asked to characterize their feline pets, men viewed them as a good friend, while women saw them as a child or baby.

While men say that a cat's "independent spirit" is its most desirable trait, women think this is a cat's least desirable characteristic. Independent or not, men admit they like to cuddle with their cats. Ladies, beware! Fully 75 percent of men admitted that their cats fulfilled their cuddle needs.

This might be the best reason of all for a man to get a cat: They're babe magnets.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately it hasn't worked too well for me lately. But I do like my cats.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh well, Individual results may vary.

In my recent experience, I scored mucho points with the gal I'm trying to date when her owners (two siamese cats) wholeheartedly approved of my presence. I don't know what the future holds, but a bad "interview" would have been an immediate dealbreaker.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! I almost forgot.

PRETTY KITTY!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My cats worked their magic for me.

My fiance fell in love with them and now they actually listen to her more than me. They sleep on her side of the bed and hiss when i try to cuddle in the middle of the night.

I may have to get a dog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
men who like cats are nicer, more caring, and more sensitive than men who don't have cats

Since Tibbs won't say it - They're also a lot gayer.

(KIDDING!)

Ouch. That's harsh! C'mon, anyone who has been owned by a cat knows that no matter how many races you do and no matter how hard you work, you're still something of a loser to them. But you feed them, so they pretend not to notice those shortcomings.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [M.E.T.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of cats, here's a question...My fiancee recently moved in and has an 8 year old male cat (big guy, too). I've got a 13 year old female (a bit smaller). Both have been lone cats in the home, quite pampered. Now we are trying to "introduce them" to each other. I know it will take time but getting woken up nightly by the hissing and growling is killing us! Any suggestions? Why can't we all just get along?
Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [madmax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Separation is the key.

Don't leave them together unsupervised for a while. Allow the new one to have its own area for a while, a place it can call home.

Bring them together only when you are around and can play with both of them. Make them know that together time is a treat.

Good luck. It doesn't always work, but they will generally learn to tolerate the other but will not likely become friends.

Quote | Reply
What he said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My cats were like buying a boat...fun to get - even more fun to get rid of. I dont miss mine at all. At least the dog goes out side to shit, and will respond when I talk to her - as opposed to the cats that did not care if I was alive or dead, and I think they would eat me if I was dead.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you lookin' at, punk!

Quote Reply
Re: Tom D, empirical support for your cat lov'in ways [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point exactly!!! I want unconditional love. The dog delivers. Every time.

As for cats, MET has got it right: they own you and you should be glad of the fact. I don't mind cats, but they have to contribute something. When I was growing up rural, we had a succession of psycho killer cats. They contributed dead meat. Seriously, there was not a gopher, rat or mouse in the neighborhood that they would not kill and deposit in my mom's bedroom as tribute. I liked those cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Fully 90 percent of single women surveyed by Cats Protection, a leading animal welfare society in the United Kingdom, said men who like cats are nicer, more caring, and more sensitive than men who don't have cats, reports the San Francisco Chronicle"

I'm not buying it. I'm afraid my cat and I are going to have to meet all of these women to coduct "interviews" about this polling data. ;-)

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
: they own you and you should be glad of the fact. I don't mind cats, but they have to contribute something.

My owner made sure that the elephants were kept at bay.

We never had an elephant problem, and for that I'm grateful to her. Not that she didn't think I was a dweeb and a total loser or anything, but....
Quote Reply