Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over?
Quote | Reply
The litany of things the public has allowed to become sensationalized (I put 70% of the blame on us, 30% on the media) doesn't really have a beginning, but over the past short few weeks we have careened at about 100mph from MJ and his molesting kids, to Schiavo, and now to the Pope. Prior to that it was the SS debate, and then of course no one on this board wasted ANY time debating the election on this message board eh?

Are we going to stick with the Pope theme till a new Pope is determined? Will we shift to some brand new topic? Maybe realize we glanced over the importance of the WMD Commission Report (anyone else read the whole Overview? Anyone else reading the actual details?) Will we kick around a mixture of the SS debate, maybe some more MLB steroids stuff, and the Pope till the next "new new" thing comes along?

Will we as a society ever take a breath and look around at where we are, or just keep sprinting to the next topic? Does it even matter?
Quote Reply
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Prince Charles marrying his long time sweetheart. Apparently the Queen won't be attending. It's a big thing in the British tabloids I'm sure. Guess it was overshadowed by the pope.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some dude will kill his wife....and if she's good looking, and he's a smarmy jerk...brace yourself for 6 months of media hell.

Oh yeah...almost forgot...they have to be white and relatively successful.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Apr 5, 05 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jennifer and Brad's dating partners.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO, the reason we flit from subject to subject is because it's easier to bitch than to fix. SS, Schivo, gay marriage, Defict, medical costs, gasoline prices...you name. All major issues at the time...nothing done about it, nothing.

At lunch I was talking to a friend and mentioned how the country was in an uproar about releasing oil reserves, building refineries and forcing OPEC to release more oil just a couple of years ago when gas price took off. Now rarely a peep other than "In today's new oil hit a new high per barrel"...every day.

This country, possibly humanity as a whole has lost and or is losing it's ability to concentrate, compromise and solve problems. Instead we "emotionally" and temporarily bandaid problems so they can fester and we can bitch about it later.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jacko, EPO, baseball, social security, Lebanon & Syria, oil prices. Not necessarily in that order.

Quote | Reply
I don't know, I think Jacko deserve the number one spot. That guy is so odd that I have a difficult time picturing him in any sort of sexual situation. That said, any parent who would let their kid spend any time at all at Neverland has to be absolutely out of their mind. I'll be curious to hear what the jury thinks after listening to all of the evidence.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I did...FREE BEER....

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just glad you guess are calling him Jacko now. This line form the original post...

"from MJ and his molesting kids"

had me wondering if people had the wrong idea about me...

~Matt (MJuric)
Quote Reply
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Global cooling Gas prices " and nobody cuts back on driving " Closed border US $ -VS- Euro $
Quote Reply
Re: What's the next "thing" for the public to obsess over? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have skimmed the original post. To me, MJ will always mean the great Michael Jordon and not Jacko the freak.
Quote Reply