Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

October 24: Weekly How'd You Do
Quote | Reply
Tell us about your week!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: October 24: Weekly How'd You Do [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was good. I did a fair amount of schoolwork; I feel good about the state of my thesis; and I had a good week for training. It was a very BUSY week but I did what I wanted and needed to do. I didn't set training goals for the week as my focus was school and I wanted training to be stress relief, not stress-to-get-stuff-done.

M - 7 mi run + 14 mi bike
T - 5 mi run + 13 mi bike
W - 15.3 mi run
T - 6 mi run + 2800 yd swim
F - 2.6 mi run + 26 mi bike
S - 10.3 mi run
S - 36 mi bike

totals - 2800 yds, 89 miles, 49 miles. I did hip exercises twice.

Eating has been going fairly well. I had 1 day that I binged but aside from that I'm ok.

Goal for this week: make thesis edits, put it in the correct format (the grad school is VERY picky about this!), and mail it back to my advisor :D

have a good week!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good week Tigerchik! Well done.

I had a great week running, not so good bike or swim, but it is what I expected to get done because I knew I'd be out of town on the weekend.
M - swim 2500
T - 10 mile run a.m., 1 hour bike trainer pm
W - 10 mile run a.m.
Th - 8 mile run in a.m. 45 min bike trainer w/ 3 mile run for brick. (still hot here in the afternoon - 90 degrees - yuck)
F - 12 mile progression run in a.m.
S- off w/ my daughters in Dallas.
Sun - 18 miles w/ 6 @ MP. Good run, but I was first responder to a guy who had bike crash right in front of me. He'd hit his head. Took forever for EMS to get there. But before I left he did know his name, and his pupils were equal, so I hope he's ok.

This week I hope to get 63 miles running, 3 bikes for at least 4 hours, and 1-2 swims of 2500 each.

Nutritionally - not as good as I wanted. We went to the state fair on Saturday. I tried a fried snickers. Surprisingly good.
I have 6 weeks before marathon. Diet will be very strict from here on out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5, including 2 that surprised me!
- 2 bike: FAIL. 1 only, but it was tough.
- 3 swim: WIN including a new 200m benchmark!
- 4 core/strength: WIN
- foam roll. srsly!: WIN-ish - did my calves, but i should do more work.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs including 6hr trail race on saturday
- 1 bike
- 2 swim
- 4 core/strength
- foam roll

taper week for 6-hour trail ultra on saturday, and it feels today like i'm coming down with a cold! :(

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I hope the cold is quick, if you do get ill. Good luck at the ultra. The point is to accumulate as many miles as possible in 6h?

Quote Reply
Re: October 24: Weekly How'd You Do [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice run mileage.

I'm making a goal for the week of no gum - I chew way too much of it :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, it's just sore/scratchy throat right now so i'm hoping i can blast it away before it turns worse!

2.5km loop of trail, as many laps as possible. 2 really steep hills on the loop that even the canadian 100 mile champ walks. hoping to best last year's tally, which i take as proof that i have a very short memory for pain ;)

cheers!

-mistress k