Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another idiot hockey parent
Quote | Reply
This time the guy doesn't like the refs call in his kid's hockey game and rushes onto the ice to punch the ref and a linesman. The guy has been arrested and is being charged with assault. Another guy was recently charged for beating on the coach for not giving his kid enough ice time during a game.

What is it with these parents. Can't they just let the kids play and have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Another idiot hockey parent [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't they just let the kids play and have fun.

No.

Actually, the ones that do go unnoticed ... but not unappreciated.

------------------------------

I remember one time when I was coaching freshman baseball a few years ago ... I saw something truly strange ... it was downright unbelievable ... one parent was actually cheering for and encouraging the child of ANOTHER parent. It was the craziest thing I ever did see. I still can't believe it, and will likely need counseling someday.

I've heard rumors of this one parent up North, who during a youth basketball game, actually yelled "Pass!" when their kid had the ball. I don't know anyone who actually saw this happen, so I am inclined to pass it of as urban legend.

Stranger still, I was at a high school football game, when I actually had a delusional parent say to me "Todd just isn't very good, and he doesn't want to play in college. He just likes football and enjoys being part of the team. He's going to U of I to be an actuary (sp?)". Some parents just don't get it.

-------------------------------

Seriously, if I hear one more parent get onto their kid by saying "don't reach for it" because there kid did everything they could to make contact while we were executing a hit and run (the batter must swing at anything) ... I'm gonna choke someone. "Coach chokes parent" --- hey, there's a headline you don't see everyday.

Take care folks ... I gotta bathroom to clean (just what I wnated to do on my Spring Break)

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just once I want someone to attack a hockey player.
Or maybe a boxer.
Quote Reply
Re: Another idiot hockey parent [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't watch enough minor league hockey. Drunks are always getting into it with players ... and in the minors, the players don't stay on the ice.

Remember when Tie Domi dragged the heckler into the Sin Bin and worked him over? [Imagine his surprise ... one minute you're mister funny-smart-ass and the next minute you've crapped your own pants] Most drunks (yes, even drunks) are smart enough not to screw with hockey players.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these also from eastern Ontario? How many "bans" have there been from Ottawa-area arenas so far this year - about 8-10, in that range? I loved certain aspects of being a hockey parent for many years, but at virtually every game there was at least one parent who was right on the verge of going over the edge - if verbalizations are any indication.
Quote Reply
Re: Another idiot hockey parent [bigskies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first season coaching mites (7 & 8 year olds) and had just about as much fun as I have ever had in hockey. BTW, I have officiated for 15 years and with the exception of a few idiots here and there I have enjoyed it immensely. The idiots are dealt with swiftly and succinctly: I don't drop the puck until they leave the building and the game clock runs. Usually takes about two minutes tops before the problem is resolved.

Paul
Quote Reply