Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help me understand this women conduct...
Quote | Reply
Ok, so this has happened to me three times (three different women), all of them married, am also married. The thing is that in three different occasions, I have been invited to a friend's house for get together with several friends and couples. For any reason, there's been a woman in the crowd, that she will ignore me like I don't exist, even when we are all together telling stories and having a good time. When someone else talks she would pay attention, laugh, or even made a comment. But when I am the one who talks, she doesn't even look at me, instead looks to the floor, won't say a comment or laugh, even if everybody else is. No eye contact, no nothing for the entire time we are sharing. They do pay attention to everyone else but me. It's a very weird behavior. At the end, they will say bye to everyone, even to my wife, but not a blink to me. It's like am their worst enemy for no reason. Like I say, three different women totally unrelated, but exactly same behavior, WTF?

Any idea???
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me understand this women conduct... [TatraVoltage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is either all in your head or they believe you've done something terrible to a friend of theirs and have decided they will not interact with you in any fashion, even just to be polite. If you care about these women, then ask them. If not, then don't worry about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me understand this women conduct... [TatraVoltage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more option I just thought of - they might find you a total dick and don't want to support your behavior. Hope that's not the case.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me understand this women conduct... [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, because it is out of the bat, since the first time I met them, they went into a "you don't exist" mode. My behavior is not of a dick, all the opposite, believe me.

To the previous poster, is not that I do care, but when you are singled out and ignored among a lot of friends, you asked yourself if you have done or say something wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, ask your wife if she's picked up on the behavior. Second, ask one of these women in a quiet moment at a get-together about your perceived cold-shoulder treatment.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two other options:

1) you mentioned they're all married women. if they have a history of flirting and have been reprimanded for it (by their own husbands, or perhaps even your wife), perhaps they're simply trying to "behave themselves" by having as little contact with you as possible.

2) they're bitches that just decided they didn't like you on sight? i wouldn't completely ignore that possibility - some women are just flat-out fucking crazy.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I have no advice for the OP - but this just made my day - freaking histerical and so true!

"some women are just flat-out fucking crazy."

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will "ice" men who offend me or who I think might be a problem for me, either from excessive flirting or because they are obnoxious or have odd behavior. Do you dress in a way that gives a bad first impression?
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me understand this women conduct... [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you are closed.!! One of them used to be a flirt (she is naturally flirty I guess), and was way younger than her husband. Her husband met her that way, in a bar.

The other two I recently met them. Another observation is that they are pretty/hot women, which could be a feature of a flat out bitch/crazy woman. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me understand this women conduct... [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I dress very casual. :) Nothing metrosexual or close to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you say that this comes with no provocation (which is totally possible - chicks can be dicks and I usually can't explain their/our behavior). But you also said that this is a get-together with friends. So are these friends of your wife? Could it be that your wife confided in any of them about a spat you guys were having, and they're just showing loyalty? Sometimes that happens with us ladies - we want to show our girls that we have their backs. (I'm not suggesting that you have any marital problems, but everyone has a tiff now and again. Could that be the case?) Or, another option: could you have dated any of their friends before your wife?
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me understand this women conduct... [Bellytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None of the above. These are women who both of us recently met. That's what makes their behavior weird.

I told my wife about one of them, since it was so obvious that she was ignoring me. My wife said ' maybe she's intimidated by you", which I don't get either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three possibilities

1) they have the hots for you but are afraid to convey this in public.
2) they have the hots for your wife and see you as competition (and therefore think you're a dick).
3) I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.

It's probably #3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was recently told by a female friend that women are always competing at everything in social situations.

Maybe their contest was to see who could ignore you the best. My advice is to start calling just one of them the wrong name every time. When she finally calls it on you, just say "well the other morning you told me you were Choose Name Here when I was leaving.

oh wait you're married, good way to get unmarried. Go with plan B. Start calling them by the wrong names, but leave out the morning part.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you say something that they might have found offensive - 'Women should, women shouldn't, women can't..." I would freeze a guy out if he made a stupid sexist joke and I didn't know him.

Or perhaps you are that sexy that they just can't control themselves so giving you the deep freeze is best. OR, perhaps your wife gave them the look???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got it! Maybe you had something in your nose! Or your fly was down! ;)

Seriously, just put it behind you. Not worth the time and effort figuring out what their issue is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should probably wear cloths. it's hard to make eyecontact with people who are not wearing any....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TatraVoltage wrote:
Ok, so this has happened to me three times (three different women), all of them married, am also married. The thing is that in three different occasions, I have been invited to a friend's house for get together with several friends and couples. For any reason, there's been a woman in the crowd, that she will ignore me like I don't exist, even when we are all together telling stories and having a good time. When someone else talks she would pay attention, laugh, or even made a comment. But when I am the one who talks, she doesn't even look at me, instead looks to the floor, won't say a comment or laugh, even if everybody else is. No eye contact, no nothing for the entire time we are sharing. They do pay attention to everyone else but me. It's a very weird behavior. At the end, they will say bye to everyone, even to my wife, but not a blink to me. It's like am their worst enemy for no reason. Like I say, three different women totally unrelated, but exactly same behavior, WTF?

Any idea???

This may not be the case, but if you were staring at me, and it seemed to me that you were showing me undo attention, I'd pretend you didn't exist either. Maybe you were staring at them and they were trying to avoid your eye contact and attention.

Nova

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is that you are very attractive in some way and these women want to avoid sending mixed signals, that might get both you and them into trouble.
Quote Reply