Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys?
Quote | Reply
Just asking ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alan Colmes is a wet sock. Why do you think he was hired to sit across from Hannity. ;-)

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, and Susan Estrich is a dried-up harpy ;-)) I can only take Fox in short stretches. Same with MSNBC and CNN.

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alan Colmes is a joke. He’s pretty spineless, constantly kissing Hannity’s ass and caves constantly. He’s obviously been planted there by Fox so that they can say they are “fair and Balanced” because they allow a so-called liberal to have his name on a show. It’s clearly the Hannity & colmes Show.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [hollidan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Hannity and Randi Rhodes. I hear she's pretty feisty. I actually kinda like how Alan Colmes handles himself. He's not loud, overbearing, pushy and smarmy. Like, say, Al Franken ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Franken is no more smarmy or pushy than Hannity, certainly not as pushy as O'Reilley. He's clearly more witty than colmes. Not a big fan of Randi Rhodes, although I do agree that she would be a better match to Hannity than colmes. But is that what fox really wants??? It works better in their favor this way.

I just want to grab Randi and say "STOP SMOKING! PLEASE!!!" Her gravelly, cigarette-garbled voice drives me nuts. I'm half expecting her to hack up a lung on the air. She's also a bit loud an obnoxious for me.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [hollidan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Randy Rhodes would destroy Sean Hannity in a political debate. She has her facts down cold; Hannity doesn't understand the concept of what facts are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fact: this show was conceived as "Hannity & "to-be-named-liberal"" by the higher-ups at Fox. Never was supposed to be "fair & balanced". Just find an acceptable milque toast whipping boy for Hannity in need of a paycheck. However since Hannity has gone off the deep end, into the 13% "true believers" (if you follow any national polling you'll understand what I'm refering to), this show, like his radio program, is basically unwatchable/unlistenable.

Of course you being the open minded conservative that you are probably never considered that.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be a goof. You don't know my political leanings one way or the other, and I certainly don't know yours. You should read my defense of Alan Colmes in an earlier post on this thread. Also, I don't think that I've conducted any great defense of Hannity or the rest of those fellows. You need to remember that all of these folks, on BOTH sides of the aisle, are commentators and NOT journalists. If you get your news from Al Franken or Sean Hannity, then YOU have a problem, not Hannity or Colmes.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Missed you Alan Colmes defense (how he is defensible is beyond me but thats another thread). Hannity: he claims he is a journalist. Remember last fall & his "interviews" with Cheney, Rice & Bush during the election. How he kept his suit clean while kissing ass was beyond me.

As for your political leanings: you've made them very clear over the past year or so on this board. Just left of Hitler, just right of Stalin (or thereabouts). Or is this the new Big Kahuna?

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You usually have more intelligent things to say mopdahl. That comment was totally disgusting.

You should apologize.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Fox news ,for all the cartoon characters, that Gretta Van Sustrun gets me going , I start off with an imitation of Mrs. butafuco " My johnny was framed " for a warm up and right into Gretta. " In the court room today the two jurors fell a sleep, which is a good sign , in this case, back to you Bob" ,

all with my jaw clinched shut on one side. Yes I know I will go straight to hell ,

One day they had Live !**** a car being recovered from a Malibu canyon , that slid off in the rain ,maybe 40 minutes , No crime scene ,502 , injury . What a slow news day. Gotta love that coverage.
Last edited by: Helitech: Mar 26, 05 6:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're a dick, and that was uncalled for.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You having your period today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course he would defend Colmes because he makes Big K's favorite party look good.

I don't think Tony is terribly conservative: He just likes The War Party because they keep him in business.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [maybourne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You having your period today? "

No, maybourne, I'm not "having my period". You and mopdahl are setting the standard for quality conversation today. I don't think telling Kahuna he is left of Hitler and right of Stalin is a particularly nice thing to do. It was something a dick would do.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. It was a dick statement & uncalled for. I apologize.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the 13% "true believers" (if you follow any national polling you'll understand what I'm refering to)

As a non-subscriber to "National Polling Weekly," I don't know what you're referring to. What are you referring to?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Fox, Susan Estrich and Alan Colmes: Does Anybody Believe THESE Guys? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaySide with Linda Vester, Why does she wear a turtle neck top. Seems odd as she has no scars or chicken neck on the fox news photo of her. Pretty woman ,with a deer in the headlights look about her.?

Quote Reply