Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How Was Your Week? September 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How Was Your Week? September 19 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M – 8 mi run (w.o.: 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1 min @ 6:30 1 min rec.)
T – 6 mi run + 2300 yd swim
W – 5 mi run + 23 mi bike
T – 6.4 mi run + 3300 yd swim
F – 7.1 mi run + 2700 yd swim
S – 7.5 mi run
S – 10 mi run + 60 min yoga

Hip exercises M, F. Shoulder exercises M, S.
Totals - 8600 yd swim, 23 mi bike, 50 mi run, 2 hrs of "other" (yoga/hips/shoulders)

My goals had been a vo2 max workout in each sport. I'm counting Monday as such for running. On Thursday and Friday I did both a little bit of vo2 max and a little bit of threshold in the pool. The bike - I tried - I am still learning how to ride intervals on the bike. All I really have figured out how to do is "hill repeat" and "ride." I had planned to ride more, but it has been cold in the mornings and I have a hard time getting away in the afternoon. At home on the weekends I just want to curl up with a book, not do another workout.

I had a great week for working on my thesis. I got a large chunk of one chapter done and started on the next one. My goal for today/tomorrow is to add to that "next one."

Eating didn't go all that well this week. 5/7. I had a therapy appointment on Friday and I think that triggered issues Friday night (sometimes talking about stuff initially makes it worse).

Training goals - ride 3x, swim 3x, run 1 long run, one workout, others short and easy.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 19, 11 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you had an excellent week - great job.
Mine was good. Didn't get to all my goals, but had excellent reasons why I didn't, and I don't plan to have issues like that in the coming weeks, so all is well.

Running - 4 runs, long run of 20. Total only 39. missed my goal by one run, and 11 miles.
Biking - one excellent ride, but wanted to ride x 3.
Swimming - one good swim, wanted two this week.
Nutrition - still trying hard to lose those last 5 pounds that don't want to move. UGH.

This week's goals
Run x 5 - total at least 50
Bike x 3 - at least 4 hours
swim x 2 - at least 5K
and add some core back.

Have a great week everyone.

Nancy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
M: run 8k => DONE and fantastic!
T & W: morning run to HS track and do ~5k or so (I have to get the 7:05 ferry from BI so it'll be early thus dark) => FAIL the conference was just too early and I was too tired from the long days. Sleep was more important.
R & F: EZ run with the dawg in the am if I'm not too pooped OR ez run at lunch if it isn't smoking hot again. => DONE and felt great with each run, easy, strong, good form.
St & Sn: aim for 5k one day, 10k the other day. => Did a fantastic 10k with the dog on Sun (last set of intervals) and felt better than all of the week's run - best one yet. However it was only 1 run, took Sat off to hang with K.
Try to not exceed 40k for the week. Main thing: make sure each run feels FANTASTIC! ;-) => DONE, each run felt better than the last. Managed 35k total - seems so small!

This week: RACE WEEK!!
Tues & Thurs, easy runs in the morning with the dawg (~6k each), do some strides/pickups to keep the legs fresh
Mon & Wed, easy runs at lunch at work (6-8k each), just feel relaxed, good form.
Fri: Off
Sat: 15min jog with some pick-ups. Drive down, pick up package, try not to buy stuff at the expo.
Sun: Finish upright and smiling. If it's a good day, aim for that magic 3:45 in the sky (BQ). Enjoy a beer and a burger afterwards.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 6
- 3 bike: WIN though 2 were pretty short
- 3 swim: WIN
- 4 core/strength: WIN

olympic tri on sunday: kicked ass! not that i was fast by anyone's reckoning, but i had my best swim ever for both pace and enjoyment/confidence, found bike legs i didn't know i had, and ran just 1:52 off my 10k PR. was 4:43 faster in the swim, 19sec faster in T1, 1:52 faster on the bike, 11sec faster in T2 and 3:59 faster on the run than the olympic i did in sep/10, for a total of 11:06 improvement over last year despite a tougher bike leg (10m extra climbing) and run course (on dirt/gravel road with some hills instead of flat boardwalk/pavement). i felt good through the whole race despite not being able to feel my feet from about 5mins into the bike until 2.5km into the run due to chilly morning temps, and i couldn't be happier with how it all went - GREAT way to end my season!

this week's goals:
- 5 runs
- 2 bike
- 2 swim
- 4 core/strength

2 weeks to a hilly 25k trail race. need to recover fast from the olympic so probably take 2 easy days (since my legs, butt and shoulders feel pretty beaten up), then get some snappy hill work in before the end of this week. going away this weekend to a place with some amazing trails and sharp hills (it's at a ski resort - we're going to play a round of golf on one of their courses, stay saturday night and do the "treetop trekking" thing sunday as a birthday gift from my parents), so will try to run while we're there.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Nice work! It's always great to see year-over-year improvements! Enjoy your trail runs ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How Was Your Week? September 19 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a great race AP. Which race is it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bellingham Bay Marathon (http://www.bellinghambaymarathon.org/). Nice and close to home, haven't done it before, less # of people than the other races around here (Victoria, Okanagan). The really sucky thing is I registered hoping to use it for BQ for 2012, but BAA changed the cutoff dates about a month after I registered - cut off is the DAY BEFORE (booooo). So the earliest would be 2013, which is the tougher standards. Funny tho, I AG up so it's essentially the same BQ time - I would just have to wait a year to try and register.

First things first, gotta qualify! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there online tracking?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks! i *love* trail running in the fall :)

good luck for your marathon - i know you'll kill it!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I don't know actually - I doubt it - pretty small race...

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darn. We'll just have to wait for results.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GO ANDY!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found two Andreas in the race results and I don't know which is yours! Thinking of you - hope you're enjoying the post race burger and beer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did enjoy the post race burger & beer, definitely. However the run was a tough one today - brutal winds. The last 20miles (I kid you not) we had a head wind of at least 10mph with gusts higher than that. I was thru the first 6mi in 48min, going super easy. But after that, we turned and WHAMMO. It was a total sufferfest. Made the first half in 1h50 (good time) but was working way too hard. Second half was like 2h10 - booooo. Small enough race that it was hard to find good pacers/drafters. The winner of the race usually does a 2h20 race; his time was 2h30 today. NO ONE negative split this race, NO ONE even split this race. Smallest gap I saw from first half to second half was 6min. 6min?!?!? WTF?!?!

Anyways, I still got PR out of it (3:59:45) and 4th in my AG; 44th overall female. Next time I guess...

Beautiful course tho...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how soon can we get you back on the mountain bike? :)

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: How Was Your Week? September 19 Edition [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dear god I hope soon. got some new mtb shorts at REI ;-). I'm thinking not this weekend, but weekend following (long weekend).

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, the following weekend is better, cause I'll still be in Kelowna next weekend (until Sunday pm)

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: How Was Your Week? September 19 Edition [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good to know, will ping you offline.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply