Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cellulite...
Quote | Reply
Well, I have not had this problem until this past year...I took some time off from training and put on probably close to 10 lbs. But to my dismay, I have noticed that I have some definite cellulite in the thigh area. I have really been struggling to lose the weight even though I am back to training, which is one problem, but I was recently informed by a friend that once you have cellulite you can't get rid of it. Is that true??? I had pretty much been thinking that once I finally lose the weight that will go away too...and I am still hopeful!! Have any of you had this happen and gotten rid of it??
Quote Reply
Re: Cellulite... [meg_k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just got it? I have had it since I was about 14 - largish for my age but muscular and not fat. Guys don't notice all that much. It sucks though. I have a friend who is 42, abs, rock hard ass with it on the back of her legs. I was never so happy in my life to see it. Sounds bad but honestly, it is hereditary and well, from what I have dealt with, once you have it.... yeah, stuck with it. Jealous of anyone who is just going through this.
Quote Reply
Re: Cellulite... [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh :( this is not good news!! But yeah my weight has fluctuated before...and I have never really dealt with this. Even though I am heavier I am still thin (even though I do feel much bigger...realistically I am not a big person) so I am so disappointed that this has happened. I suppose I am not the only one to have the cellulite curse...but I do wish there were something I could do about it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it sometimes and not others - when I dip below a certain weight it goes away. From my own personal experience, I've been able to get rid of it. But everyone's different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meg_k wrote:
Well, I have not had this problem until this past year...I took some time off from training and put on probably close to 10 lbs. But to my dismay, I have noticed that I have some definite cellulite in the thigh area. I have really been struggling to lose the weight even though I am back to training, which is one problem, but I was recently informed by a friend that once you have cellulite you can't get rid of it. Is that true??? I had pretty much been thinking that once I finally lose the weight that will go away too...and I am still hopeful!! Have any of you had this happen and gotten rid of it??

Once you have it, you have it.. buuut fat cells shrink and grow with weight fluctuation. So always the same number of fat cells, not necessarily the same size. Of course it'll be different for everyone as to what %body fat is needed to have it be less noticeable. Good luck! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do not want to sound like an informercial, but after 10 yrs of tris, marathons, etc....
3 weeks into the 'Insanity' workouts and not only do I feel awesome, tons of people asking what I have been doing...
and yes, the cellulite ( I am 40) gone!
Quote Reply
Re: Cellulite... [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what insanity workouts are, but it sounds like something I would probably enjoy ha. At least I feel like there is hope for me...just need to figure out how to shrink the fat cells!! I am hoping that as I continue to train some of the weight will come off...I will keep my fingers crossed that it will help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately there is also a hereditary factor w/cellulite. My mom has it really bad...but she also had 4 kids years ago when women ate for 2 when they were pregnant. I have heard that massage works to stimulate blood flow to the area, etc. and that lemon essential oils work as well as other creams. I am not sure what works! For me, losing overall body fat works and consuming a low fat diet helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well...'almost' gone...but much improved body tone allover...google it-the only negative reviews I've read is that its hard, even if already in very good shape. It's really fun/different-more like a boot camp type workout

do believe diet a factor too of course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue..its not genetic, and if I gain a little weight I notice a little right under my bottom. Immediately increasing my weight training, squats, lunges, etc and dropping a little 'water weight' will help. In the meantime, use a VERY GOOD cellulite reducing lotion, not Target brand, spring for the Nivea, with a little self-tanner over it, you can wear your shorty-shorts proudly
Quote Reply
Re: Cellulite... [jocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes-was going to also add that cellulite cream DOES actually seem to work well-if you use it consistenty---I've used the nivea with good results
Quote Reply
Re: Cellulite... [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been afraid to try a lotion - I was told that if you stop, it's going to come back and look even worse. I don't know if that's true, but it was enough to scare me away! I assume that has not been your experience?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm I don't think it looks worse...never heard that. Then again I shave my face and pluck the odd grey hair outta my head.
Quote Reply