Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The end of the snowmobile [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was great until the "turbo panzers" showed up!!
It's what got me through school... I wanted to be a race car designer/mechanic and did this for a short time ('71-'78). Met some interesting people and learned a lot. Experience landed me a job at the Boeing Wind Tunnel and had the opportunity to work, hands on, in aero and materials (titanium-aka unobtainium, and some really interesting composite combos that would curl Bunnyman's hares). It's been a great ride.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Re: The end of the snowmobile [ridesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin Chapman once said that the ultimate race car would simply disintegrate once over the finish line, meaning that every part of the car would have been used to its fullest and there was no excess. He also tried to engineer every piece to perform more than one function.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: The end of the snowmobile [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading that somewhere in my dark and distant past. I guess Jim Hall is causing quite a stir... he is rebuilding his Chaparrals to what he had in mind design wise, not as they were raced. WTH, he owns um so let him enjoy his toys.

Jay
Quote Reply
Re: The end of the snowmobile [ridesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I wanted to be a race car designer/mechanic and did this for a short time ('71-'78"

I was racing at that time.(71-75) Had a Triumph Spitfire in the FP production sports car class and played with a friend's Lotus 61 and then Titan Mk.6 in formula ford. Gave it up to return to university and later chiro college.

At that time racing was almost affordable. I remember a typical entry fee was $20-30 for the weekend. The cost of racing nowadays is way to prohibitive. No way that I could afford it now. But it was a lot of fun back then.
Quote Reply

Prev Next