Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote | Reply
http://sports-att.espn.go.com/...ore?gameId=254000024

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/...lay?gameId=254000024

Kansas' Wayne Simien (23) shoots over Bucknell's Abe Badmus (5) in the first half of their first-round game NCAA tournament game in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Bucknell's Darren Mastropaolo (1) celebrates Bucknell's 64-63 upset of Kansas in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Bucknell's Charles Lee (3) celebrates at the end Bucknell's 64-63 win over Kansas in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Bucknell's Donald Brown (4) celebrates Bucknell's 64-63 victory over Kansas in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Bucknell coach Pat Flannery hugs Kevin Bettencourt after Bucknell defeated Kansas 64-63 in a first-round game of the NCAA tournament in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Bucknell coach Pat Flannery talks with Donald Brown during a timeout against Kansas in a first-round NCAA tournament game in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Bucknell's Charles Lee, right, drives around Kansas' Wayne Simien (23) during the first half in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Oklahoma City, Friday March 18, 2005.

Bucknells's Abe Badmus (5) drives around J.R. Giddens (11) of Kansas in the first half of a first-round NCAA tournament game in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.

Kansas' Aaron Miles (11) cuts in front of Bucknell's Darren Mastropaolo (1) in the first half of a first-round NCAA tournament game in Oklahoma City, Friday March 18, 2005.

Kansas' Wayne Simien (23) shoots over Bucknell's Abe Badmus (5) in the first half of their first-round game NCAA tournament game in Oklahoma City, Friday, March 18, 2005.
Last edited by: Tridiot: Mar 18, 05 22:18
Quote Reply
Re: BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That game was amazing. As an Illinois fan/resident, I just have to say "What was Bill Self thinking when he left Illinois for Kansas?"

I was hoping that Kansas could dump Carolina (Revenge on Roy) ... but this is just as sweet.

The damn Bisons. Who knew? They do have cool lookin' jerseys. =)

As of now, in the ESPN.com tournament challenge, there is 1 entrant that has a perfect bracket. With Vermont, Bucknell, UW-Mil, UAB, winning, I have to pull a Seinfeld and ask "Who are these people?".

Before tonight, the top 4 seeds in all regions in the last two years were 28-0 in the 1st round. I guess putting that stat up on the TV had the same effect as SI putting Dee brown on the cover the week before Illinois' only loss of the season. Two top 4 seeds lost in one night.

My fav highlight in recent years is still #15 Hampton's coach celebrating after knocking off a #2. KU and SU put a dent in my sweet 16 preditions.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bison, we're the Bison. ;-)

Gotta say, this is ridiculous. My best friend from Bucknell wasn't sure how we'd score 20 points. I was happy with being down by less than 10 at the half (but up???).

I predict Wisconsin just beats the crap out of us. I have no faith that our coach can focus the team after this.

Makes me wonder how many luxury German vehicles will burn in Lewisburg tonight.

Bring on the prepy riot!
Quote Reply
Re: BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm the guy at the bar in crimson and blue, drowning my pain in a tall glass of gin ...... whimpering like a baby, crying like a man with a broken heart.

at least the game wasn't televised in vegas ... i dont know if i could have taken the ignominy of watching ......

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll also admit I just saved everything on ESPN.com that they have posted. The box score, the summary, play by play, all the pictures.

And yes, I have the recap from "college game night" as well. Too bad I didn't get the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congrats dude. i wish i got to see the coverage at the end, when i saw the ticker showing a nailbiter towards the end of the game.

btw - i'm a rutgers alumni. after all these years of futility, i still look forward to someday seeing a triumph like this during march madness. in the meantime - cheers to the underdogs. that's what makes the tourney so compelling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!!

If I deny that it ever happened maybe it didn't actually happen.

Since you didn't get to watch the game, here's what happened.

On offense, 4 of the KU players would always stand in the same place, apparently expecting the Bucknell players to get bored and wander away or possibly doze off.

The KU savant three point shooter is in the midst of a slump. So when, after standing around in one place and then having the Bucknell player fall asleep, he would either miss or pass up the open shot.

Add in that the second leading scorer on the team was still injured and had spent three days in the hospital from the flu.

Then, with 10 seconds left and down 1, the Bucknell center launches up a prayer that banks in. After a time out, and with 2.4 seconds left, KU throws the ball in down the court 90 feet and hits Simien at about the free throw line He turns to his right and fires up the shot just like Laettner against Kentucky. But Simien's shot falls short and the buzzer sounds.

I have to chalk this up first to poor coaching. Second to the injury to Langford. Bucknell played well, but KU lost the game on their own.

Next year is going to be bad.

Quote | Reply
God I love March madness ! Upsets make me very happy. Especially since my alma mater (University of Virginia) ain't in the frickin' tournament and just fired their coach.....I will happily root for Bucknell ! Who says we can't have a playoff in Division football ?

Tony Verow MD
Durango, CO 81301
Averow@bresnan.net
Quote Reply
Re: BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You lost, we won, YES!!

I saw the game and I just couldn't believe a second of it, I have no clue what was up with Kansas but Bucknell played great and won.

I have no faith we'll beat Wisconsin, I think our guys are just way too over their heads right now. But maybe they'll be oblivious to it. I was certain that about 10 minutes into the 2nd half they'd realize they were beating KU and choke.

Best part of Bucknell v Wisconsin? Both our mascots are named "Bucky".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My entire bracket is gone straight to Hell.

Wake Forest - Gone
Syracuse - Gone
Kansas - Gone
UConn - Gone

It's getting tougher and tougher to pick the upsets. I blame it on the damn H.S. kids going to the pros too early. Don't they know I have a pool to win?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: BUCKNELL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine ... this would be Carmello Anthony's JUNIOR year!

It's amazing how quickly brackets turn.

The talk of the tournament has been how easy it will be for (my -- even though I don't coach or play on the team) Illini to waltz through the tournament with a home (Indy, 'Cago, St. Louie) court advantage.

Now, if all the #1 seeds make it to the elite 8 -- Illinois will play a 2 or 3 seed. Carolina will play a 6 or 10 seed. Washington will play a 6 or 7 seed. Duke will play a 2 or 6 seed.

In one week, Illinois went from having the easiest road, to possibly having the toughest road (depending if UK beats Utah to face Duke).

UConn screwed me. I'm out like platform shoes or any fastball thrown to Hank Aaron.

If Illinois beats Duke in the finals, I can show my face in public. Until then I'm on the down-low ... or the low-down ... I can never remember which.

Okay, I'm going to go have a nightmare about Oklahoma State. Good night.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you guys now???

sorry...just had to gloat.
Quote Reply