Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women's GPS Running Watch Recommendation
Quote | Reply
Looking for a GPS based watch recommendation for my wife. She wants simple. I have the Garmin 305 which I really like, but she doesn't want one that big. She doesn't think she wants anything to do with a foot pod. She really wants one that is as simple to operate as she can get. I am thinking the women's Garmin 110. Any other recommendations? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's GPS Running Watch Recommendation [OlderTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Garmin 110. Works great! I bought it specifically for GPS as I was tired of going onto mapmyrun/ride after every workout. The watch tells you distance, pace (though the pace is only an average over the distance) and will give heart-rate if you buy the $50 monitor piece.
Keep in mind that this is not water-proof... I don't even wear mine in the shower! But for basic GPS/pace it's perfect. Doesn't break the bank, not huge and bulky and the battery life is pretty decent!
If your not looking for something with all the bells and whistles, the 110 is probably your best bet!

http://evagifford.blogspot.ca/ --> my ramblings
Quote Reply
Re: Women's GPS Running Watch Recommendation [mountain.runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Garmin 110. It isn't as sophisticated as some of the other models but it is quite petite and fits smaller wrists perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 405 and love it. Got my from amazon and is refurbished so was a lot cheaper than a new one. No problems so far!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Womens Garmin 10 is a great oprion and so are the Soleus Fit 1.0, New Balance GPS Runner and the Timex Marathon all good values and simple GPS watches to use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on budget and timing, the Bia Sport looks really interesting. I tried to get in on their final beta team but missed out. :(
http://www.bia-sport.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why not the FR10? I guess it depends if you care or not about HR, but as a watch I think the FR10 is great (my g/f has it and she loves it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved my 305, but it was really big and ugly. I have the 410 now and I love it. Still big, but I do use it for a daily watch. But I liked the bells and whistles of the 305 and wanted the same functions.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's GPS Running Watch Recommendation [VancouverAmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the Garmin 305 a little big for my wrist, like it kept hitting my hand. The Garmin 910 fits me much better.
Quote Reply